NCAA basketball thread 2016-17

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 09:57 AM)
Thomas Bryant is back for year 2 at IU.

Stoked. Gives us a very good front court with him, De'Ron Davis, Morgan, Anunoby, Hartman and Troy Williams (if he returns).

Losing Yogi will obviously be huge, but the backcourt will still have Blackmon and Johnson, plus Josh Newkirk and Curtis Jones. At this beyond-incredibly-early stage, this puts us as conference title contenders again. That road still goes through East Lansing though, they have a stacked class.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 03:15 AM)
Fathom, GT in discussions with Memphis coach Josh Pastner. Thoughts?

Horrible hire, as Memphis will be thrilled. He is a bad coach that has had way too many transfers. He will be a big time recruiter. In many ways it will be Hewitt 2.0

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
Horrible hire, as Memphis will be thrilled. He is a bad coach that has had way too many transfers. He will be a big time recruiter. In many ways it will be Hewitt 2.0

What are they thinking? What an unfortunate hire.

Sounds like Charlie Moore might be thinking of reopening his recruitment.

QUOTE (gatnom @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)

He has and Wisconsin has already called

QUOTE (gatnom @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)

I honestly wonder if Illinois will ever get an Irvin player. Probably not.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 05:21 PM)
And DePaul, Miami, and Georgia tech

GT could have a great shot, as they were one of his top 5 before hiring the coach he first announced for. Look for GT to bring in some assistants with massive recruiting connections.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 9, 2016 -> 03:25 AM)
Valpo promotes Matt Lottich to be head coach. I remember him as a senior on the first New Trier team to win a baseball title. Now he's married, with four kids, and a D1 basketball coach.

Life, man.

No kidding, for those old enough to remember Prodigy, Josh Pastner used to post all the time on the college basketball message board when he was 15 or so. Now, he's the coach of my favorite team.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 02:09 PM)
Where's the right thread to make fun of Pat Summit's kid for knocking up one of his players?

We can put it here lol

He got a job he didn't deserve in the first place and then f***ed it up immediately. His mom would be impressed

QUOTE (farmteam @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 09:25 PM)
Valpo promotes Matt Lottich to be head coach. I remember him as a senior on the first New Trier team to win a baseball title. Now he's married, with four kids, and a D1 basketball coach.

Life, man.

I watched and met Bryce Drew at Indiana High School state finals. His team blew a 7 point lead in 1:21, capped off by a game tying 3. It was four years later that Drew was introduced to the world with "The Shot" at Valpo U.

• 3 weeks later...