7/18 Games

royoung

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 06:53 PM)
Jake Peter 1-1 with a double. Came in hitting .276/.338/.414 at AAA after a .304/.378/.407 line at AA.

Came in to post about him. Sneaky solid player, might have some decent support coming up between him and Engel.

Anyone have reports on his defense?

Edited by Dunt

Might be nothing, but it's interesting to note that since starting with WS, Collins has caught twice and DHed twice. Organization might end up moving him quicker than expected aka Schwarber playing time plan (catch a pitcher or two the. DH rest of time).

Only his first game at AAA but good to see Engel starting fast. He struggled at AA early on before being demoted and then brought back up.

Collins won't be a full time catcher if he sticks. I hope they can develop another one so he doesn't have to take the beating.

Good outing Danish.

Call is a gamer.

Color me intrigued about Peter. I've been paying close attention to him. Maybe Lawrie's replacement if we move him this year or next.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)
To me Peter is just another utility guy like a Saladino. I doubt he becomes a starter that can actually contribute enough

May be. I'm just trying to be optimistic with this farm system since the big league club sucks. Don't mind me :lol:

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 08:08 PM)
Came in to post about him. Sneaky solid player, might have some decent support coming up between him and Engel.

Anyone have reports on his defense?

He's got a strong arm - pitched in college and hit 95 from the mound. Glove at second is supposed to be quite good, decent range. He was passable at third in the AFL. Beyond that, I don't have any reports from other positions. But he's already played every infield position and both corner OF slots this season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
Put him in the bullpen.

Half joking.

There was some discussion when he was drafted if he would be a better prospect as a hitter or a pitcher. Sox seemed to have made the right choice!

Edited by southside hitman