6/27 Games

Heads22

Columbus (40-35) @ Chalotte (32-43)

Morimando (6-5, 4.11) vs Giolito (2-6, 4.95)

6:05 CT, MILB.tv

Winston-Salem (28-47) vs Down East (26-47)

Easterlin (4-4, 4.30) vs Springs (1-6, 4.75)

6:00 CT

Hickory (29-46) vs Kannapolis (43-30)

Cody (2-6, 3.92) vs Solorzano (2-5, 5.51)

6:05 CT

Great Falls (6-2) vs Helena (2-6)

Panaytovich (0-0, 1.50) vs Petersen (0-0, 0.00)

8:05 CT

AZL Reds (1-1) vs AZL White Sox (1-1)

TBD vs TBD

9:00 CT

DSL White Sox 4, DSL Diamondbacks1 3

W: Pineda (1-1, 3.86) ; L: Olivero (1-2, 5.01) ; SV: Nin (3)

Beltre 2-4, 2 R, RBI (.359)

Mieses 2-4, 2B, RBI

Robert 2-4, RBI, 2 K, CS

Guerrero 2-4

Pineda 6 IP, 4 H, ER, BB, K

http://mlbfarm.com/index.php?team=CWS

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 08:29 PM)
Giolito 64 pitches thru 5, which is good. 2 runs. Hopefully the 6th inning is clean.

He seems to be progressing, slowly, but definitely better than the other way around. This is good, considering he will probably be a September call up and then, I'm assuming he will be on the starting roster next year, in the bullpen at the very least.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 08:22 PM)
So far, the hitch in his swing is seemingly making a big impact on his ability to hit. If true, that's questionable scouting.

I truly get the concern for his ability to hit but his defense has made a huge stride very few are questioning if he'll be able to maintain behind the dish and that is massive, If he works that hard on his defense i can only imagine how much dedication he is going to put in an area of the game that has come easy to him for most of his college career.

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 28, 2017 -> 01:38 AM)
I truly get the concern for his ability to hit but his defense has made a huge stride very few are questioning if he'll be able to maintain behind the dish and that is massive, If he works that hard on his defense i can only imagine how much dedication he is going to put in an area of the game that has come easy to him for most of his college career.

I've yet to see any non-Sox scouts say they think he's going to stick at catcher. I do agree with you he's made huge strides and the lack of exposure is probably causing national writers to not mention the improvements

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 08:38 PM)

Yeah, if he's worked on his D and gotten results to the point that he's gone from Kyle Schwarber comps to few people questioning his ability to catch, he may not be putting much effort into his offensive game at this point, which means flaws are going to be exposed now. But if they defensive improvement is any sign of his work ethic, I won't worry about it right now. Let him get to the point where it's clear he'll be a C, then fix his swing. If he makes the strides on offense next year that he's made on defense this year, the White Sox may end up with an all-star catcher.