Sox @ Minneapolis--Game 1--8/23/05

Ozzie Montana

Freddy.AWAY. Hope this means a Sox winner tomarrow. Lets get a winning streak going. :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

:fight Freddy vs. Santana :fight Looks like we are in for a nice pitching duel. Hope Freddy and the Sox come out on top.

Let's go Freddy, Let's go!!!

Edited by Ozzie Montana

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
Well, he did get the month right.  I guess day and year are not important haha.

:lolhitting LMAO! I didn't even notice that he put 04, It's almost September and you're still stuck in 2004. That is classic.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
Reading the star tribune, the twins are already talking another sweep of the sox. They must feel like they own this team in August and September.

:bringit

Minnesota has posted a 24-10 record in second-half games against the White Sox dating to 2002. The Twins have swept the Sox in a second-half series at least once in each of those years. Here's a look at the damage caused by those sweeps:

Sept. 27-29, 2002 Minnesota

Sox finish season 13 1/2 games back

Sept. 16-18, 2003 Minnesota

Sox fall 3 1/2 games back --- PWNED

July 26-28, 2004 Chicago

Sox fall 3 1/2 games back --- PWNED

Sept. 14-16, 2004 Minnesota

Sox fall 13 1/2 games back

Aug. 15-17, 2005 Chicago

Sox's lead cut to 11 games

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
this will be the biggest test of the year IMO. How our team does against the twins on the road after being swept at home. Freddy better bring his A game vs Santana. It should be a close one. Lets take 2 of 3 in Minny!

I won't be happy with anything but a sweep. It's time for our big three to step it up in big games. I'm sick of Mark and Jon f***ing it up in pressure situations. Contreras and El Duque have pitched great under pressure.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
Crede could do with an entire month off.

a sweep would be nice, but 2 out of 3 would still be damn good. it's going to be tough vs Santana tonite. this is going to be an awesome series and like i said- a big test for our guys. Ozzie said "I have a feeling that we are going to have a great road trip." Well i agree with him- i feel that way too.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosoxretro: :gosox4: :gosox3:

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)
Freddy.AWAY.  Hope this means a Sox winner tomarrow. 

Freddy owns a 5-3 career record versus the Twins with a 4.42 earned run average over 12 starts. But 2-2 with a 7.20 ERA at the Baggie Dome. So who knows.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: