5/12 White Sox (18-18) vs LA Angels (22-17)

Kyyle23

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2008 -> 07:59 AM)
Adenhart is the Angels top pitching prospect, but has been nothing special thus far. Look for him to have his breakout performance tonight, because the White Sox have not yet seen him.

ala Ervin Santana, circa 2005.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2008 -> 01:59 PM)
Adenhart is the Angels top pitching prospect, but has been nothing special thus far. Look for him to have his breakout performance tonight, because the White Sox have not yet seen him.

Yep! Happens everytime and if it happens this time we will read all the same tired excuses tomorrow in the paper. But, let's be positive about this. Buerhle is charged up and will be dominating

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ May 12, 2008 -> 09:39 AM)
Time for Buerhle to get his first victory! I'm tired of him being the "Question" Mark (so witty) of this rotation.

I agree. The fact that opponents are hitting .311 against him is bulls***. I hope that outburst the other night is a sign of him turning it around.

Adenhart is a quality pitching prospect, but he's been shaken up in both of his starts this year and doesn't look like he's ready for prime time just yet. His biggest problem has been finding the strike zone with 11 walks in 6.1 IP. Guys like Swisher, Quentin, and Thome's patience should be rewarded tonight. Juan Uribe, not so much.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 12, 2008 -> 06:18 PM)
I agree. The fact that opponents are hitting .311 against him is bulls***. I hope that outburst the other night is a sign of him turning it around.

He has pitched well enough to win a game or two that he lost, but he is giving up alot more hits than usual. I believe that will get you in trouble eventually. I luv it when I analyze. :lolhitting

Edited by elrockinMT

Buehrle is 1-4 with a 4.48 ERA in 15 career appearances - 14 starts - against the Angels. The win came on Aug. 8, 2001, but he is winless in 11 starts since then.

I was at that game :headbang

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 12, 2008 -> 07:23 PM)
what a great game being thrown in CLE tonight

Thank God I have marcum on my fantasy team!

I read somewhere that TOR had something like 81 uns in their 16 games with Frank Thomas and only 53 in the same # of games without him

Edited by WSoxMatt