2014 Tennis Thread

Brian

Djokovic with another disapointing performance in a major. I thought this guy would dominate the men at some point but jeez.

Women's is not interesting with Maria and Serena ousted already as well.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nova lost?

I'm going all in on Eugenie Bouchard. First and second set I keep wondering how she is hanging around, her shots have no power, she's basically defensive the whole time. Then third set came along and she's smoking the ball.

Glad the heat settled down. That was brutal, and the third and fourth sets were unwatchable.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 07:42 AM)
Nadal, Murray, and Federer are all on the other side of the bracket too, although Wawrinka is playing some great tennis.

If Radwanska can get past Azarenka tonight, this will be her best chance yet to finally win a major. (I know, no one cares)

I see Murray handling Federer pretty well setting up a Nadal/Murray semi and Wawrinka/Berdych should be a great matchup too. Both those guys can easy beat whoever they face in Nadal/Murray/Federer.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 05:20 PM)
I see Murray handling Federer pretty well setting up a Nadal/Murray semi and Wawrinka/Berdych should be a great matchup too. Both those guys can easy beat whoever they face in Nadal/Murray/Federer.

Murray doesn't seem to be 100%yet from his back injury, so I think Federer should give him a match.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
Hell of a match by Radwanska taking out Azarenka, some big time shots.

Federer up two sets to one over Murray with an epic 2nd game going on, up to 26 points.

Radwanska was incredible. That last set was insane, Azarenka just couldn't do anything that wasn't returned with an amazing shot. Which is great because I don't have to hear Azarenka's mario kart yelps.

Looking forward to the semis. Great Aussie open.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
Radwanska total opposite match in the semi, gets shutdown by Cibulkova. Disappointing.

Yeah that sucked. Everytime Radwanska would go left, Cibulkova would crush it right. Like you said, exact opposite of the Azarenka match. Then it just looked like she gave up near the end.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 23, 2014 -> 03:38 PM)
Yeah that sucked. Everytime Radwanska would go left, Cibulkova would crush it right. Like you said, exact opposite of the Azarenka match. Then it just looked like she gave up near the end.

She came out really flat.

My two favorites of the Open, Radwanska and Genie are out. Borchard could not get her first serve in for the life of her, and her second serve was getting crushed with a great backhand.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 24, 2014 -> 08:54 PM)
Nadal wins the Australian Open and even if his total slam count is below Federer I'd make the case he already has passed him as GOAT.

He definitely could use another Aussie title, so he has won each major twice. I know he owns the head to head against Federer, but his resume is so dominated by his French Open invincibility, he could use a couple more titles not on clay.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 12:33 AM)
Has anyone been to sw open in cincy and how expensive were tix?

Also Federe is still better than Nadal for sheer creativity and beauty that is unmatched.

That's just dumb, you aren't the best for looking the prettiest. Federer started his run when the 2nd best player was Andy Roddick, Nadal started his run against prime Federer and continues it with Murray/Djokovich who are both incredible players. I don't know if he will get to 17 but if he wins every open twice something Federer hasn't and makes it to 14-15 while dominating Federer head to head I'd call him the best.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 02:35 PM)
That's just dumb, you aren't the best for looking the prettiest. Federer started his run when the 2nd best player was Andy Roddick, Nadal started his run against prime Federer and continues it with Murray/Djokovich who are both incredible players. I don't know if he will get to 17 but if he wins every open twice something Federer hasn't and makes it to 14-15 while dominating Federer head to head I'd call him the best.

Its not dumb, otherwise Kareem Abdul jabar is GOAT

How long has Nadal been going compared to Federer? Longevity has to have something to do with it.

Wasn't it like 8 years ago Federer was crying after Wimbledon thinking that was it and he stuck with it and is still great.