Red Sox dismiss John Farrell

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 12:21 PM)
These days, you win games with home runs and pitching. They have a really nice looking line up, but they don't hit enough HRs. Their staff looks decent, but with Price getting hurt, that really hurt them. Having to go with Fister in a playoff elimination game shows they were a bit short.

I feel like Betts and Bogaerts fell off a bit this year, and trading Shaw, who could have eased the loss of Ortiz, really hurt them.

Porcello obviously returned to earth, and while that probably surprised very few people here, his dropoff and Price's injury were just a lot to overcome.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 03:49 PM)
I feel like Betts and Bogaerts fell off a bit this year, and trading Shaw, who could have eased the loss of Ortiz, really hurt them.

Porcello obviously returned to earth, and while that probably surprised very few people here, his dropoff and Price's injury were just a lot to overcome.

Offensively, their overall lineup did not have the home-run production with 40 less than in 16. Ortiz hit 38 in 16 but Benetendi and Devers combined for 30 to help offset that. My guess is they go get a 1B with power or they trade Bradley and add an outfielder w pop. They also have to get a solid 2-4 starter. But the new manager comes in with a pretty solid team but w a very fragile clubhouse.

there will be a bunch of names surfacing but so far Cora, Ausmus and Gardenshire are a few being tossed around . I would think Ozzie is also available................................