Jacob May

Dunt

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 17, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
What do the Sox have in May? I see speed, solid BB/K rate, no power. How is he defensively? Seems like he could be a nice piece for this organization going forward.

I ranked him #10 in my top 10 list coming into the season, based on his tools and 2nd half improvement last year with the bat. Speed is his plus tool and drives most of his offensive game. Having said that, the plate discipline he's shown this year has been impressive given the jump to AA. Hopefully he can maintain it while adding some more XBH (power numbers down quite a bit vs last year). Reports are mixed on his defense, but given his speed the potential is obviously high and the range is already there. IMO, he's one of just a handful of guys in the system that has a shot at being a major league regular.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

I'll echo most of what is above, but add one thing... his fast start in AA is interesting because it is the opposite of his previous pattern, where he got to a new level and struggled a month or two then turned it on. The fact that he could jump right in this time is encouraging.