Luis Robert out for at least 7 days

maxjusttyped

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 7, 2017 -> 08:13 PM)
Yikes.. someone with a medical background, what could a "minor injury to meniscus" entail?

Ask the DR witch doctor where we will send him. $50 MM outlay and we leave the kid in DR.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 22, 2017 -> 03:53 PM)
Well he got hurt on July 4th. Merkins tweet said it was an injury that would keep him out for a minimum of 7 days. Not sure if that meant from the date of the injury or the date he reported it (7/7).

So its been 15 days since he reported it and no update or news.

He's supposed to return this week.

Also, he said he's coming to America in September

QUOTE (Quin @ Jul 8, 2017 -> 12:39 PM)
You do know that the Dominican Republic has hospitals, right?

Have you been to one? You gonna compare it to the Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, or the hospital closest to your home? If your kid is hurt or sick, you gonna send him/her to the DR?

Why take chances. If he is hurt, get him over here and fix him, then re-hab him here, and develop him here.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 05:10 PM)
Have you been to one? You gonna compare it to the Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, or the hospital closest to your home? If your kid is hurt or sick, you gonna send him/her to the DR?

Why take chances. If he is hurt, get him over here and fix him, then re-hab him here, and develop him here.

You just don't get this. Robert likely doesn't sign with us unless he can stay in the DR for a certain period of time to maximize the after-tax value of his bonus. No matter how much you whine about it and no matter how many ignorant comments you make about the DR, Robert is staying there until September.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 06:10 PM)

I mean, the hospital closest to my hometown botched a surgery and made my best friend's father paralyzed from the neck down and only after 12 years of rehab is he actually able to walk. Can't drive, can't play catch, etc.

It was a herniated disc.

And no I'm not going to send my future kids to the DR because that's f***ing stupid. I live in NYC. But then again, not every single patient in the US goes to Mayo or Barnes-Jewish.

Also, the Sox very likely have their own medical staff tending to their own players.

And my god, if our hospitals are 100% fool proof, please explain the Chicago Bulls.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 05:10 PM)

You seem persistent in making generalization that all medical personnel over there are witch doctors and extremely incompetent at what they do. Do you actually have first hand experience of medical treatment down in DR, specifically at the facility Robert is getting treated or the doctors that are treating him? If not, just stop making ignorant ass culturally insensitive comments. For god's sake the Sox could have had their very own doctors down there to look Robert, or have sent him to high end medical facilities over there to get treated. The Sox aren't stupid, they will do their best to get Robert the treatments he needs.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 23, 2017 -> 05:14 PM)
You just don't get this. Robert likely doesn't sign with us unless he can stay in the DR for a certain period of time to maximize the after-tax value of his bonus. No matter how much you whine about it and no matter how many ignorant comments you make about the DR, Robert is staying there until September.

This should just autopost every time anything to do with the Robert signing is brought up that is just mindless.

QUOTE (shipps @ Aug 1, 2017 -> 02:58 PM)
Hes back.

MLB Pipeline‏Verified account @MLBPipeline 5m5 minutes ago

More

Back with a jack. Luis Robert's 1st game since 7/4 (knee injury): 2-for-3, HR (2), BB. #WhiteSox No. 4/@MLB No. 26: http://atmlb.com/2mVv5oq

This is great news.

Someone said he would be in the US in September. Not sure the source, but if it's true I could see him playing in the AFL. That would be cool.