3.) Carson Fulmer

4.) Spencer Adams

5.) Alec Hansen

6.) Jordan Stephens

7.) Trey Michalczewski

8.) Jameson Fisher

9.) Alex Call

10.) Jake Peter

Pretty discouraging that 1/2 of our top 10 list comes from the 2016 draft. Seems like the time is ripe to sell and load the farm system.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 10:43 AM)
Pretty discouraging that 1/2 of our top 10 list comes from the 2016 draft.

It makes Jeff Hostetler look good.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
Amado Nunez. Possibly Adam Engel or Micker Adolfo. As I said, not a BIG gap there for me.

Based on what little I know, I think Eddy Alvarez could be a Top 10 as well. Others have Tilson at or about #5, but it's all subjective.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
BA also recorded a podcast talking about the White Sox top 10 and their farm system in general.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/whit...s5eJIBQE8VVU.97

They basically made it seem like Spencer Adams is a fringey top 100 guy, probably just misses it. So that likely means that Collins, Burdi, and Fulmer all make it, which probably isn't much of a surprise.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 02:01 AM)
They basically made it seem like Spencer Adams is a fringey top 100 guy, probably just misses it. So that likely means that Collins, Burdi, and Fulmer all make it, which probably isn't much of a surprise.

I'll be surprised if Fulmer made it. I will Collins and Burdi will be in the 70-100 range.

QUOTE (Donaldo @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 08:38 PM)
It makes Jeff Hostetler look good.

Based on what little I know, I think Eddy Alvarez could be a Top 10 as well. Others have Tilson at or about #5, but it's all subjective.

I think Alvarez is in the teens, at least for me, and I'm higher side on him. Tilson is also teens for me and lower than Alvarez - I don't get the level of love he's gotten.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
Might be fun to make some predictions. I'll go ahead and say Collins is #52, Burdi is #73, Fulmer is #89.

Historically speaking, BA likes to rank our guys in the back half of the 100, so I will say Collins 74 and Burdi 92.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 01:51 PM)
Micker Adolfo. As I said, not a BIG gap there for me.

Yeah, Im comfortable calling this guy a "non-prospect" at this point. Yes, i get how young he is, but that simply does not matter.

Any player who strikes out @ a ~30% clip in the low minors will never ever amount to anything. This last draft (and more importantly, it's focus on OBP) should at long last show the org & it's fans what should be the most important tool of any position player, except for catchers. As Adolfo divides his time between being injured and striking out, I fail to see any chance for him to make The Show.

QUOTE (Two-Gun Pete @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 07:52 AM)
Yeah, Im comfortable calling this guy a "non-prospect" at this point. Yes, i get how young he is, but that simply does not matter.

Any player who strikes out @ a ~30% clip in the low minors will never ever amount to anything. This last draft (and more importantly, it's focus on OBP) should at long last show the org & it's fans what should be the most important tool of any position player, except for catchers. As Adolfo divides his time between being injured and striking out, I fail to see any chance for him to make The Show.

You've decided that the guy who just finished in Class A at age 19, and who has some of the best power, arm and athletic tools in the entire system, is a non-prospect? Come on now. He certainly could be a bust, most prospects end up there, but giving up on him at this point is silly.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 7, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)
Amado Nunez. Possibly Adam Engel or Micker Adolfo. As I said, not a BIG gap there for me.

You gotta be kidding me. Micker isn't close to those guys (Fisher and Call).

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 03:54 AM)
either the 2016 draft was great or the system was worse than I thought. To have five of top 10 picked last June is revealing

Also so far it appears that the revamped efforts in Latin America isn't producing much.

Another bad sign.

Actually I am very disappointed in our Latin America work. I thought Paddy would help sooner and now I am wondering if he will at all. Nunez is about it, and he is not a stud.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 09:32 PM)
You gotta be kidding me. Micker isn't close to those guys (Fisher and Call).

I'd put him above those two, or right around the same anyway. Tools over performance at that level.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)
either the 2016 draft was great or the system was worse than I thought. To have five of top 10 picked last June is revealing

Also so far it appears that the revamped efforts in Latin America isn't producing much.

Another bad sign.

On the bolded, it's really both.

Disagree on LatAm, we are seeing a real wave of talent in the lower levels now. Remember that the LatAm stream really just started getting going again in 2012, and more so in the next few years. Those are 16-year olds signing at those times, so they are now guys who are like 18-20 years old. This is just now when we'll start seeing how they work out.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 09:54 PM)

Another bad sign.

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 07:06 AM)
Actually I am very disappointed in our Latin America work. I thought Paddy would help sooner and now I am wondering if he will at all. Nunez is about it, and he is not a stud.

When you are signing freshly minted 16 year olds out of Latin America you have to put them out of your minds for 4 to 5 years. Not only are they essentially sophomores in HS, they are sophomores who have played next to zero organized baseball. They are trained for workouts, not games. If you compare them to 18 year olds coming out of the US or Japan, for example, you are looking at kids who might have been playing organized and competitive baseball for a decade, or more. These kids have to be totally retrained from the ground up.