Fangraphs Top 21 White Sox Prospects

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
I didn't think it was brutal. Seemed pretty positive to me overall.

Saying he may to hit the average outfielders production while not being good enough to man left field seems not good to me.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:40 PM)
Saying he may to hit the average outfielders production while not being good enough to man left field seems not good to me.

For a 4th round draft pick, saying a guy has average offensive MLB starter production within reach, with mixed defensive skills that are still a question mark, that's actually pretty good. Your average 4th rounder doesn't get there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
For a 4th round draft pick, saying a guy has average offensive MLB starter production within reach, with mixed defensive skills that are still a question mark, that's actually pretty good. Your average 4th rounder doesn't get there.

New Organizational top 15 prospects should read:

1) Moncada

2) Kopech

3) Collins

4) Fulmer

5) Burdi

6) Basabe

7) Adams

8) Tilson

9) Hansen

10) Engel

11) Michalczewski

12) Fisher

13) Guerrero

14) Stephens

15) May

Still interesting prospects: Call, Nunez, Zapata, Curbelo, Thompson, Cooper, Martinez, Clark, Danish, Diaz

Still not better than a top 15-20 at best system...but an improvement from where we were at

Edited by steveno89

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
New Organizational top 15 prospects should read:

1) Moncada

2) Kopech

3) Collins

4) Fulmer

5) Burdi

6) Basabe

7) Adams

8) Tilson

9) Hansen

10) Engel

11) Michalczewski

12) Fisher

13) Guerrero

14) Stephens

15) May

Still interesting prospects: Call, Nunez, Zapata, Curbelo, Thompson, Cooper, Martinez, Clark, Danish, Diaz

Still not better than a top 15-20 at best system...but an improvement from where we were at

So, as of right now the White Sox have 4 players in the top 120. With 30 organizations, an average franchise should have - 4 players in the top 120. Not only that, the White Sox have 2 players in the top 25 and 1 player in the top 1 - both of which are actually above what an average team would have. I know, I feel dirty saying this too - but the White Sox are actually above average in their top 5 prospects. Substantially so.

Their system is still not, IMO, a top 10 system, but it's much closer. They are still poor on depth after that top 5 of guys who should be strong big leaguers - they're above average in their top 5 but below average from 6-xxx, the legacy of the 10+ players they've given up to try to compete in 2015 and 2016. That should put them somewhere in the range of 12-18, I'm guessing closest to 12, with their exact spot depending on what you see when you actually line up system to system which no one pays me enough to spend the time doing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 07:28 AM)
So, as of right now the White Sox have 4 players in the top 120. With 30 organizations, an average franchise should have - 4 players in the top 120. Not only that, the White Sox have 2 players in the top 25 and 1 player in the top 1 - both of which are actually above what an average team would have. I know, I feel dirty saying this too - but the White Sox are actually above average in their top 5 prospects. Substantially so.

Their system is still not, IMO, a top 10 system, but it's much closer. They are still poor on depth after that top 5 of guys who should be strong big leaguers - they're above average in their top 5 but below average from 6-xxx, the legacy of the 10+ players they've given up to try to compete in 2015 and 2016. That should put them somewhere in the range of 12-18, I'm guessing closest to 12, with their exact spot depending on what you see when you actually line up system to system which no one pays me enough to spend the time doing.

Probably not worth doing until all the dust settles and we see who else is traded. Hopefully we end up Top 5 after it's all said and done.

I don't get all the Top 10 mentions for Tilson I keep seeing, here and elsewhere. I have a hard time putting him higher than the 15-20 range, probably lower. Apparently I'm far lower on him that most.

And I still think Adams is no longer deserving of a slot in the top 5 or 6. In fact with the new names, he's not in my Top 10.

BTW did anyone catch Keith Law's interview yesterday calling Moncada a "top 10 or 15 prospect", instead of top 5 or one of the best prospects. I see that he's either applying his White Sox curve to Moncada or he's heavily penalizing him for his 19 AB flunk in September.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
I don't get all the Top 10 mentions for Tilson I keep seeing, here and elsewhere. I have a hard time putting him higher than the 15-20 range, probably lower. Apparently I'm far lower on him that most.

And I still think Adams is no longer deserving of a slot in the top 5 or 6. In fact with the new names, he's not in my Top 10.

Agreed on both, but sadly off top of my head I don't see many justifiable options other than moving up Stephen, Call, or Fisher.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)

Unless the injury stops him, which is very possible, he is already a major league player. His floor is #4 OF. While he doesn't have much of a top, the fact that he IS on a major league roster, should count for something in where he ranks.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 7, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
BTW did anyone catch Keith Law's interview yesterday calling Moncada a "top 10 or 15 prospect", instead of top 5 or one of the best prospects. I see that he's either applying his White Sox curve to Moncada or he's heavily penalizing him for his 19 AB flunk in September.

IIRC, Law was "down" on Moncada prior to the trade anyway. I think he had him ranked as the 3rd best Red Sox prospect after Benny and Devers.

The White Sox are loaded with pitching prospects and they will most likely be adding more. As it looks now possibly: Charlotte- Giolito, Lopez, Fulmer, Holmberg, Birmingham-Adams, Stephens, Guerrero, HIGH A- Kopech, Hansen, Dunning, Diaz, Solorzano, Low A- Fry, Comito, Flores.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 9, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
The White Sox are loaded with pitching prospects and they will most likely be adding more. As it looks now possibly: Charlotte- Giolito, Lopez, Fulmer, Holmberg, Birmingham-Adams, Stephens, Guerrero, HIGH A- Kopech, Hansen, Dunning, Diaz, Solorzano, Low A- Fry, Comito, Flores.

Figure they'll still make Danish a starter in AAA until otherwise as well.