Moving day...

Steff

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
Steff, how's the left field "FUNDAMENTALS" area looking?  Any progress yet as far as the building of the mini-baseball field?

It's not looking like anything. They are pouring all the new supports under the seats right now. That has to be done before they do anything up there. But they swear it will be ready in time. Also, the shower is moving. Likely over by the rain room.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
game used? shoulda stuck one down the side of your pant leg and walked out with it... :ph34r:  :lol:

They are for the kids the Sox support for a charity in Rockford. Most of them were altered (pine tar sanded off) so they didn't look game used like the ones I already have. Probably could have walked out of there with anything I wanted though. We wandered pretty much where we wanted. It was fun.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
now i feel like a jerk... :lol:

Don't. I did ask Vinny if I could snag a couple for the folks that knew I was going. He said he didn't see a problem with it, but we went and wandered around and I didn't get back to the dock until they had been sent on their way.

Returning home from Chicago on the Metra service (around 3:15), there were several trucks parked outside the ballpark with Berwyn labels. Nice gig for your company to provide moving services for the White Sox.

Also happened to notice a sizable collection of blue seats stored alongside the 2nd story walkway. I'd be interested in finding out whether or not these seats will be repainted, or perhaps sold to season ticket holders (ie, last year).

If not, I believe I'll visit the Cell tomorrow.....to "observe" these locations....yeah.... ;)

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 4, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
Returning home from Chicago on the Metra service (around 3:15), there were several trucks parked outside the ballpark with Berwyn labels. Nice gig for your company to provide moving services for the White Sox.

Also happened to notice a sizable collection of blue seats stored alongside the 2nd story walkway.  I'd be interested in finding out whether or not these seats will be repainted, or perhaps sold to season ticket holders (ie, last year). 

If not, I believe I'll visit the Cell tomorrow.....to "observe" these locations....yeah.... ;)

Nothing Berwin associated with us. :huh

The seats will go to ST holders first, then sold for charity.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
I think those scout seats are gonna be really cool and a nice little feature at the Cell. Thanks Steff!!!

I think they will also.. but not for the price tag they are at. They are going to offer 40 and 27 game packages for them, which is good news for those that don't want the 81 game commitment. They have only sold 77 seats so far. Even with food and liquor included I don't think it's worth it to pay that much.

QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 01:04 PM)
I think they will also.. but not for the price tag they are at. They are going to offer 40 and 27 game packages for them, which is good news for those that don't want the 81 game commitment. They have only sold 77 seats so far. Even with food and liquor included I don't think it's worth it to pay that much.

77 out of how many? It might end up looking worse on TV to always have a bunch of empty seats in the background than just the black hole that was there before.

QUOTE(upnorthsox @ Feb 5, 2005 -> 07:38 AM)
77 out of how many? It might end up looking worse on TV to always have a bunch of empty seats in the background than just the black hole that was there before.

I have a feeling they will either lower the price or offer single games to lessen the empty look.

Or exchange with suit holders since it's about the same cost per person.