Idea to improve MLB

bmags

Thought of this last night as I was watching Red Sox pitchers again spending 30 minutes between pitches and TWO challenges that just made my wife hate baseball after a great game to that point:

- Every inning that the Red Sox or yankees slow down to a crawl and ruin young peoples love for the game MLB forces:

- Red Sox to pay another $1million to Pablo Sandoval

- Yankees to pay another $1million to Alex Rodriguez

It both punishes the teams but also should work with the MLBPA as the money is getting funneled to players, one fat and the other a douchebag.

Thoughts?

QUOTE (bmags @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:27 AM)
Thought of this last night as I was watching Red Sox pitchers again spending 30 minutes between pitches and TWO challenges that just made my wife hate baseball after a great game to that point:

- Every inning that the Red Sox or yankees slow down to a crawl and ruin young peoples love for the game MLB forces:

It both punishes the teams but also should work with the MLBPA as the money is getting funneled to players, one fat and the other a douchebag.

Thoughts?

:cheers

Thoughts?

Back when I still gave a s*** about following Bill Simmons and listening to his podcasts, it used to drive me crazy when he'd complain about how long baseball games are. It's like yes, they're long, but buddy you only watch Red Sox games.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
Could you image seven inning games instead?

IF we are talking serious ways to speed up game, one thing that drives me nuts is on replays, the teams are allowed to both pause the game for their review before sending it to review. And also, the red sox waiting for the review to finish before switching pitchers, even as they already knew they were switching pitchers.

Thoughts?

Holy crap those games would go fast. Like "Did I leave the stove on?" fast.

Thoughts?

I was looking for an upvote button, then I remembered this isn't Reddit.

Have an upvote.