Frazier Trade Discussion

southsider2k5

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 01:44 PM)
Verdugo/Calhoun and Alvarez?

A one year rental of Frazier is not going to get the White Sox Verdugo or Calhoun + Alvarez. But he does have some value.

Calhoun is probably the best player they might offer in a deal + one or two lower level players

Puig.

It's the double secret probation "Cuban Strategy."

Sign all the Cubans and then move the team to Havana.

Read it here first.

Actually, though, I'm joking only about the sell. The Cuban players have a certain camaraderie/community that comes with shared experience. To offer a micro-community of several Cubans on one team could be a stroke of genius and go a long way to creating a wonderful chemistry.

QUOTE (buckweaver @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
Puig.

It's the double secret probation "Cuban Strategy."

Sign all the Cubans and then move the team to Havana.

Read it here first.

Actually, though, I'm joking only about the sell. The Cuban players have a certain camaraderie/community that comes with shared experience. To offer a micro-community of several Cubans on one team could be a stroke of genius and go a long way to creating a wonderful chemistry.

Could see Puig happening. ALL. THE. CUBANS.

Edited by Soxnfins

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 02:31 PM)
Would bet anything Frazier is next. I think you'll see teams like WAS, HOU and ATL come for Quintana next.

Nationals can give that Giolito/Robles package for Q. Hopefully there's four or more other names coming in that deal of that's the starting point.

I think the next domino to fall is Jansen. If he goes to the Marlins then the relief market gets very bare. I think the Dodgers will stay away from Chapman as a bidding war would be costly.

Robertson becomes a very interesting play here as well. I still think the Dodgers trade De Leon with the Hill signing. They have plenty of depth in the rotation. If they could get a package back that has Frazier+Robertson= De Leon+ Lux+ Smith. I think you are in the ballpark.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
LA wants Turner back, not to deal for Frazier on a one year rental

If LA offers him 4 years, $64 million he will likely resign

If LA seriously wants to get under the luxury tax level in 2018 so that they're not paying the multi-year penalty starting in the bonanza offseason with Harper and Machado, they can't offer Turner that kind of money. We'll see if they're really serious about avoiding those penalties or not. With where they are right now, the penalty they'll pay if they don't get under for a year will be huge.

QUOTE (kwill @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 02:33 PM)
I think the next domino to fall is Jansen. If he goes to the Marlins then the relief market gets very bare. I think the Dodgers will stay away from Chapman as a bidding war would be costly.

Robertson becomes a very interesting play here as well. I still think the Dodgers trade De Leon with the Hill signing. They have plenty of depth in the rotation. If they could get a package back that has Frazier+Robertson= De Leon+ Lux+ Smith. I think you are in the ballpark.