8/19 Games

royoung

Agreed. Bad year for Fulmer. He's more suspect than prospect. In my humble opinion, his whole delivery needs to be broken down and built back up if he's ever going to be a 32 start, 200 inning guy. I don't see that now at all.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 20, 2016 -> 02:50 AM)
Outside of the recent draft class, this has been an absolutely horrible year for our farm system. The vast majority of our top prospects have underperformed and very few prospects have broken out. The entire organization is a disaster at the moment.

Yep, that's what I was getting at with the draft class comment. Complete disaster of a development year for the system outside of Anderson and the draft class. The sooner Buddy Bell leaves, the better

Leury kind of hearkens back to those halycon days when Micah, Carlos Sanchez and Saladino were seen as the future 2b.

Saladino MIGHT still be a regular at some point, but the problem was you needed to combine all three of those guys into one to get a truly useful starting player at the big league level.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 10:17 PM)
Leury kind of hearkens back to those halycon days when Micah, Carlos Sanchez and Saladino were seen as the future 2b.

Saladino MIGHT still be a regular at some point, but the problem was you needed to combine all three of those guys into one to get a truly useful starting player at the big league level.

Leury can also play OF. he actually could be a decent utility player if he can hit just a little (and he's hit better this year, last I checked).

Saladino might be regular - I agree with that characterization.