Sale Versus The White Sox

greg775

Sale vs the White Sox in the Cell is coming soon. Hate to be a pessimist but it's gonna be sooo ugly. Our lineup is mighty pathetic. I can't even imagine how many strikeouts he's gonna have.

Prediction: 1 hitter or maybe even a no no with 17 Ks and we lose 7-0.

You gots a prediction?

Reasoning?: Chris Sale has nasty stuff; our lineup has overachieved this year so far; he's mighty motivated after the scissors game and the suspension.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 28, 2017 -> 12:38 PM)
Sale vs the White Sox in the Cell is coming soon. Hate to be a pessimist but it's gonna be sooo ugly. Our lineup is mighty pathetic. I can't even imagine how many strikeouts he's gonna have.

Prediction: 1 hitter or maybe even a no no with 17 Ks and we lose 7-0.

You gots a prediction?

He's going to be so amped up. Think we'll see some 100mph heaters?

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 28, 2017 -> 05:43 PM)
He's going to be so amped up. Think we'll see some 100mph heaters?

Yeah. This is like that Little League game or Babe Ruth League game on the south side you didn't even want to hit in because the other pitcher was the guy in the league who was scary fast and unhittable.

I wonder if it'll be all happy occasion or if somebody tries to rattle him and starts an incident yelling stuff from the dugout? Or if he hits somebody early. Again, it's a monumental mismatch and he's going to want blood so to speak after the scissors game and the team's reaction to it.

Edited by greg775

I think Sale will most likely slay us, as he appears to be in the midst of a peak season -- but I'm hoping he gets himself worked up and overthrows and starts walking guys. Of the two, I trust Quintana to stay calm under pressure more, though whether or not the difference will be enough to overcome Sale's raw power remains to be seen.

This will be fun one, in that it's a win to root for in a year when most wins don't matter. And our homestand ends on Monday, so I'm actually going to be able to watch the whole game live. I'm excited.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ May 28, 2017 -> 02:26 PM)
So excited for this game. Expecting/hoping he'll get a standing ovation, but you always get those morons who boo any former player regardless of circumstances.

I've been lucky enough to see Wilbur Wood...Goose Gossage...Terry Forster...BlackJack McDowell...Alex Fernandez...but in terms of Sox pitchers in my lifetime....nobody comes close to Chris Sale in terms of overall greatness as a pitcher. Just nasty at times. Not sure why anyone would boo either. Wish we could have kept him....but he needed to be traded. He's one of the best in the game and I for one enjoy watching him pitch...regardless of who it's for.