Marco Paddy - Back to Work

I thought a comment by Marco Paddy to Steve Stone and Jason Benetti was interesting as he indicated that, now that Luis Robert was in the fold, he had to go back to work finding the next Luis Robert. Marco seems to believe in the quantify of quality players concept, especially with regard to signing 15 and 16 year old International players. For the next 2 years when he is limited to giving any particular player a $300K bonus, I wonder if he relishes the chance to finding a wide variety of $300K bonus players. In a way and for the next 2 years, there might be a player who another team might have offered $250K that the White Sox will offer $300K just because all their cap money has to be used in smaller chunks the next 2 years.

QUOTE (ventura_abreu @ May 28, 2017 -> 12:26 PM)
I thought a comment by Marco Paddy to Steve Stone and Jason Benetti was interesting as he indicated that, now that Luis Robert was in the fold, he had to go back to work finding the next Luis Robert. Marco seems to believe in the quantify of quality players concept, especially with regard to signing 15 and 16 year old International players. For the next 2 years when he is limited to giving any particular player a $300K bonus, I wonder if he relishes the chance to finding a wide variety of $300K bonus players. In a way and for the next 2 years, there might be a player who another team might have offered $250K that the White Sox will offer $300K just because all their cap money has to be used in smaller chunks the next 2 years.

It will be a challenge for sure. The opposite is also true where another team can offer 310-325 cause we can't go over 300.