CBS

3:40 PM CT

Maryland/Valparaiso

TNT

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 15, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)
Still trying to figure out why ND's pod got sent to Pittsburgh and Maryland's pod got sent to Columbus. Seems backwards.

Also, all five Indiana teams in same region together with Kentucky.

Yeah, and it would have worked for the 5 (West Virginia) and 6 (Butler) seeds as well.

Tough matchup for the Hoosiers in the first round, Wichita St is a very good defensive team. But beggars can't be choosers, just happy to be in the tournament. Same as it's been all year -- with our three point shooting, we can beat anybody and we can lose to anybody.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 11:36 AM)
Purdue's size vs Kentucky could be interesting.

No it won't. Kentucky will/would beat Purdue like a redheaded step child. To beat KY you have either got to have killer outside shooting, or do something to get them out of their game, such as a VCU type pressure, or an extreme slow down game.

Kentucky just plays so big and long across the court. A pressure defense would be one way to get them, but I think you ultimately have to score by setting up outside shots and hitting 3's at a prolific rate. Box-and-one with corner cuts, keep going across the triangles on screens until someone has some breating room from 3 or long 2 and put it up. Like late 80's Loyola Marymount offense.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 18, 2015 -> 11:29 AM)
Alright Mike Brey, my survivor pools depend on you winning just one game in this tourney. You can be trusted in March, right?????

Ha I've been eliminated in my survivor pool in the first round the last 3 years. We have to make two picks on Thursday and Friday so I got Iowa State(sorry Heads) and Nova tomorrow.

Alright Mike Brey, my survivor pools depend on you winning just one game in this tourney. You can be trusted in March, right?????

You don't have to wait long to find out.

Also, I didn't know there was such a thing as a survivor pool for the NCAA tournament.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 18, 2015 -> 11:46 AM)
You don't have to wait long to find out.

Also, I didn't know there was such a thing as a survivor pool for the NCAA tournament.

Usually you have to pick two winners Thursday, two Friday, then one every day after that, and you can only pick a team once. It's possible to not have any available teams left come the second weekend, but just making it that far turns out to be a lot harder than it looks.