CBS

8:50 PM CT

Gonzaga/NDSU

TNT

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 07:54 AM)
Maybe, but they are #5 in RPI, #7 in BPI and #7 in Pomeroy. None of that adds up to being a Top four team. Arizona deserved a #1 over Duke.

Their wins are just so damn impressive. @Wiscy, @a full strength UVA, @UNC, @ a full strength Louisville and those are just the road wins. I think Arizona is better but have absolutely no problem with Duke being a 1.

Their wins are just so damn impressive. @Wiscy, @a full strength UVA, @UNC, @ a full strength Louisville and those are just the road wins. I think Arizona is better but have absolutely no problem with Duke being a 1.

ND won @UNC, @Louisville, @NC State, plus beat Duke and UNC on consecutive nights in what were pretty much road games. Not saying that ND should be a #1 seed, but there really isn't that much difference between the two.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)
ND won @UNC, @Louisville, @NC State, plus beat Duke and UNC on consecutive nights in what were pretty much road games. Not saying that ND should be a #1 seed, but there really isn't that much difference between the two.

If the seeding in recent years had told us anything, it's that the major conference tourneys only matter for bubble teams. For the top seeds, they barely change much.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 12:52 PM)

Chris Jones had not been dismissed yet when Duke beat them, big difference there. And obviously the acc tourney isn't a true neutral court but it's not Cameron or Chapel Hill either. The fact that Duke beat two of the top 5 teams in the country in true road games is ridiculously impressive and deserving of a 1 seed.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 16, 2015 -> 03:39 PM)
I don't hav Duke's schedule in my heal like Justin, but don't they have a bad home loss or 2? Miami maybe?

Got killed by Miami at Cameron. Arizona's 3 losses are all to non NCAA teams(on the road though) so you decide what's worse. Like I said, I think Zona is the better team but believe that Duke earned their 1.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 12:07 PM)
Can't watch ISU-UAB game here, only see Gamecast. But somehow with 7:45 left in the first half, ISU has 7 fouls, vs just 1 for UAB. Not sure if they are hacking or getting hosed by the refs.

Just turned it on a few minutes ago as I was watching the ND game but it sounds like the ISU players are frustrated by the refs so take that as you wish.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 19, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
Just turned it on a few minutes ago as I was watching the ND game but it sounds like the ISU players are frustrated by the refs so take that as you wish.

I'm more concerned about them getting frustated than I am about any actual reffing issues.