Final Four

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 10:43 AM)
You guys don't think Wisconsin can knock off Kentucky?

I think the front line of Kentucky is way more athletic and long than Frank the Tank has ever seen before. I don't see Kaminskey or Dekker having very much success against them. I see a double digits win for the Wildcats. I think Duke has the best chance of beating them, but they have to be hitting the three at a high rate to do it.

I think the front line of Kentucky is way more athletic and long than Frank the Tank has ever seen before. I don't see Kaminskey or Dekker having very much success against them. I see a double digits win for the Wildcats. I think Duke has the best chance of beating them, but they have to be hitting the three at a high rate to do it.

Duke has no chance. Kentucky managed to limit a much better 3 point shooting team in ND.

Wisconsin has a real shot. I've thought since the tournament started that ND and Wisconsin were the only teams with a realistic shot at taking down Kentucky. Wisconsin now has the advantage of game film from ND's almost-successful attempt.

Wisconsin came close last year, both teams are better this year. If Wisconsin can shoot well from the field and Kentucky is content playing half court basketball, the game hopefully will be close and anything can happen.

The reality is a lot more can go wrong for Kentucky and theyll still have a good chance at winning. A lot will have to go right for Wisconsin.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)
Duke has no chance. Kentucky managed to limit a much better 3 point shooting team in ND.

Wisconsin has a real shot. I've thought since the tournament started that ND and Wisconsin were the only teams with a realistic shot at taking down Kentucky. Wisconsin now has the advantage of game film from ND's almost-successful attempt.

But with Duke, if Kentucky decides to double team Okafor, it could create room for the guards. ND doesn't run their offense through Auguste like Duke does with Okafor, which created a lot of layups for Auguste but no kick outs to the perimeter. With that said, I don't think Duke would beat Kentucky, as their interior defense is abysmal.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)
But with Duke, if Kentucky decides to double team Okafor, it could create room for the guards. ND doesn't run their offense through Auguste like Duke does with Okafor, which created a lot of layups for Auguste but no kick outs to the perimeter. With that said, I don't think Duke would beat Kentucky, as their interior defense is abysmal.

I don't know that they need to double Okafor.

It's hard to run the table(s). fatigue, pressure, bad luck could all spell doom for Kentucky. It's fun to have a heavyweight in the tournament and watch if anyone can knock them out. Way better to me than everyone has a chance.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 11:40 AM)
I think their biggest test was already passed in Notre Dame. I said Kentucky from day one, and I see no reason to change my mind now.

Wisconsin is a better team than ND

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 30, 2015 -> 11:43 AM)
You guys don't think Wisconsin can knock off Kentucky?

Yes I do. The line on Kentucky has already dropped 1.5 points since it opened so that sentiment is being shared.

Kentucky is the favorite of course but this Wisconsin team does match up about as well as a team can with UK. Kaminsky and Dekker can't get into foul trouble or they'll be done but Wisconsin has a definite chance. MSU would get blown out and I don't think Duke would keep it closer than 6 or 7.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
Wisconsin is a better team than ND

Yes I do. The line on Kentucky has already dropped 1.5 points since it opened so that sentiment is being shared.

Kentucky is the favorite of course but this Wisconsin team does match up about as well as a team can with UK. Kaminsky and Dekker can't get into foul trouble or they'll be done but Wisconsin has a definite chance. MSU would get blown out and I don't think Duke would keep it closer than 6 or 7.

Better team? Yes. Better match up? No. Not in my opinion anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 09:49 AM)
I think the defenders on the UK front line are good enough to play Okafor 1 on 1.

This game will probably go a long way in determining who goes number 1 overall if it happens. If Okafor is able to be guarded 1 on 1 it has to hurt his stock a bit.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
This game will probably go a long way in determining who goes number 1 overall if it happens. If Okafor is able to be guarded 1 on 1 it has to hurt his stock a bit.

Willie Caullie Stein especially is a high NBA level defender IMO. His athleticism around the rim reminds me of Jo Noah.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
Willie Caullie Stein especially is a high NBA level defender IMO. His athleticism around the rim reminds me of Jo Noah.

I agree about WCS, he will be an elite defender in the NBA, if he develops any offensive game like Jo did as his career went on, he should be a really good one.

With that said, go Wisconsin and Michigan State :)

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)

It shouldn't IMO. KAT should go number 1. I want no part of Okafor if I'm an NBA team. The guy doesn't play defense and his FT shooting is so abysmal you almost have to pull him off the court late in a close game. Towns has a little less offensive potential but his defense could be elite and he shoots 80% from the line. I'm taking that guy 10 out of 10 times if I was an NBA GM

It shouldn't IMO. KAT should go number 1. I want no part of Okafor if I'm an NBA team. The guy doesn't play defense and his FT shooting is so abysmal you almost have to pull him off the court late in a close game. Towns has a little less offensive potential but his defense could be elite and he shoots 80% from the line. I'm taking that guy 10 out of 10 times if I was an NBA GM

I think it would be hard to have watched the ND-UK game and not think that KAT is the #1 pick. I kind of chuckled a bit when the All-America team was announces and WCS was on it and KAT was not. Good to see that Jerian Grant got recognized, though.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 31, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)

I think KAT will likely be the #1 pick for these reasons pretty much. If Okafor comes out and dominates though, he could easily jump KAT I think. I still think it's pretty close. Okafor is the best post scorer to come out in a while, but who knows how that even translates to the NBA anymore. Maybe he ends up as Al Jefferson or Brook Lopez. Who knows?