Raburn traded to the Nats

shipps

By Steve Adams | May 26, 2017 at 1:59pm CDT

The Nationals have acquired veteran outfielder Ryan Raburn from the White Sox, according to a club announcement from Chicago’s Triple-A affiliate in Charlotte. Chelsea Janes of the Washington Post reports that the Nats will send cash or a player to be named later back to the White Sox in exchange for Raburn, who will be assigned to Triple-A Syracuse in the Nats organization (Twitter links).

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 26, 2017 -> 02:00 PM)
Tilson coming back soon perhaps?

Last I saw, there was no timetable on his return, and it didn't sound good. The roster spot is really for Moncada, at least transitively.

My guess is you see Hunter Jones in Charlotte pretty soon, especially with Liriano struggling badly. Those two might flip spots in fact.

Laying the groundwork for Robertson!

I squinted real hard but this wasn't in green I guess. The Nationals needed some potential bench depth and the Sox had a 36 year old OFer batting about .250 at Charlotte and he wasn't going to make the Big team in Chicago. That's all

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 26, 2017 -> 02:44 PM)
I squinted real hard but this wasn't in green I guess. The Nationals needed some potential bench depth and the Sox had a 36 year old OFer batting about .250 at Charlotte and he wasn't going to make the Big team in Chicago. That's all

Nah it was green, I just forgot it.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:38 PM)
I see on the white sox transaction pages that the Nats traded some cat named Mick VonVossen to the Sox a couple days ago. Wonder is this is related to the Raburn deal? Seems quick for a PTBNL to be announced.

TRANSACTION PAGE

I'm thinking them getting a player vs. cash considerations had to do with him actually playing for them. Since he was called up, I think like the others before me, this is the return. Probably sucks, but Rayburn wasn't exactly worth much.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2017 -> 02:53 PM)
I'm thinking them getting a player vs. cash considerations had to do with him actually playing for them. Since he was called up, I think like the others before me, this is the return. Probably sucks, but Rayburn wasn't exactly worth much.

Literally getting anything at all for Rayburn is a win.