Game Thread 5/20: BOS @ SOX

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Get this one in without problem?? I see scattered T-showers (not Flowers) around gametime, but The Sodfather and the boys will get it done and we should finish this thing as scheduled. Of course, this is wishful thinking on my part considering I'm driving 3 hours to sit in the Club Level and watch Lester lose his first of the year...

Edited by southsidepride15

Haven't the SOX owned Lester in the past?

Some of them have:

Konerko 10-23, 3 HR, 3 2B, 3 BB, 4 K

Viciedo 3-8, 1 HR, 1 2B, 3 K

DeAza 2-7, 2 2B, 1 BB, 1 K

Dunn, Rios, and Ramirez not so good though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2013 -> 08:29 AM)
As bad as the red sox starting pitching was last season, that's how as good they've been now.

Excellent Tim McCarver impression! You forgot to start with, "In MAH opinion..." though

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 20, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)
When is Beckham going to be back?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 20, 2013 -> 03:56 PM)
Dunn should have gotten the night off, as he's been destroyed by LHP this year (.069). I'm surprised Beckham's not up yet.

I've read somewhere Miami series.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ May 20, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
Still would have preferred Gillaspie to Greene.

We have to see what Conor has to offer against lefties and at the worst, I think he can see more pitches than Greene will. Greene should be retired swiftly by a pro like Lester.

I'm okay with it. He has seen lots of lefties, he can take a day off against the best one.

Would be interested to hear the impressions of anyone watching Charlotte how well Beckham does there at that position.

It's a bit strange when he's going to come up to Chicago that they would NOT be having him at 2B every game.

There's a 75% chance that Carlos Sanchez never becomes anything more than a super-utility guy, so it's not like it really matters in the overall scheme of things where Beckham plays in AAA rehab, but it's worth remembering.

Words back from 2008

Beckham also is a finalist for USA Baseball's Golden Spikes Award. Sox scouting director Doug Laumann scouted Beckham heavily this season, and this pick shores up the Sox's depth up the middle. "In my mind, I think I'm capable of playing shortstop in the majors," Beckham said.

Edited by caulfield12

This should be a pretty short game thread, with everyone watching the Blackhawks/Red Wings.

Well, Axelrod made it out of the first inning 1-2-3.

I'm not watching hockey, but then I can't watch the Sox game either.

Now what is Dunn going to do?

Sometimes it helps to have teams who are unfamiliar with Konerko and his problems this year (although the advance scouts should be covering it) thinking it's better to work around him to face Dunn (especially lefties).

Edited by caulfield12