5/9 - White Sox @ Rangers Game Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:34 AM)
@ Toronto

@ Texas

They are just throwing Gonzalez to the wolves. Is he gonna pitch at Coors Field next?

Erik Johnson wasn't any better either facing Boston.

Lewis has pretty much owned the White Sox for most of his career. Doesn't throw overly hard, but effective.

This is one of those games that you're almost tempted to bet against the Sox because you feel the odds are stacked against them...of course, the cosmic forces will smite you for doing so and you'll hit yourself in the head with a baseball like Sale did.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rang...-sox-right-foot

Note Carlos "Rondon" starting for the Sox.

Carlos and Derek Holland are both struggling, Holland gave up a boatload of runs last time out...

With the way Latos has been going his last two starts AND Cole Hamels going for the Rangers, hoping for just 1 out of 3 and getting out of Texas without giving up more than 20 runs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)
Lewis has pretty much owned the White Sox for most of his career. Doesn't throw overly hard, but effective.

This is one of those games that you're almost tempted to bet against the Sox because you feel the odds are stacked against them...of course, the cosmic forces will smite you for doing so and you'll hit yourself in the head with a baseball like Sale did.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/texas-rang...-sox-right-foot

Note Carlos "Rondon" starting for the Sox.

Carlos and Derek Holland are both struggling, Holland gave up a boatload of runs last time out...

With the way Latos has been going his last two starts AND Cole Hamels going for the Rangers, hoping for just 1 out of 3 and getting out of Texas without giving up more than 20 runs.

I agree with the bolded, this is a tough series especially with the given circumstances.

If we can win tonight i think we have a really nice shot at taking the series. I know Lewis has "owned" the Sox but let's keep killing old habits.

Television stations tonite:

May 9, 2016

Chicago White Sox at Texas Rangers

Stadium: Globe Life Park in Arlington, Arlington, TX

Announcers: Ken Harrelson and Steve Stone

Game telecast time: 7:00 PM Central / 8:00 PM Eastern *

‘WGN Sports on my50’

7 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WPWR-TV Gary, Channel 50 (my network TV)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:38 AM)
Not really looking forward to this game...

Spot starter vs. guy we can never hit.

It's definitely a "just don't get swept" series, but we've had a couple of those already and done damn good.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 9, 2016 -> 11:30 AM)
I've been to Dallas... its a wasteland. Even the dreariest Chicago sleeper community has twice as much going on as the cultural backbone of DFW.

Off of the top of my head, the JFK museum is a must see. Fort Worth stockyards are a great experience, especially if you take in an indoor rodeo. Plus the food is incredible.

Off of the top of my head, the JFK museum is a must see. Fort Worth stockyards are a great experience, especially if you take in an indoor rodeo. Plus the food is incredible.

If you're looking for an authentic Texas experience I contend that you'll find it in greater purity and abundance in places like Amarillo, Lubbock and Wichita Falls than Dallas or Houston.

But hey that's just me. I think the only real interesting parts of Texas are the desolate western plains and the Mexico/Texas hybrid cities in the south.

This is the key game in this series, IMO. Tomorrow is very winnable but I'm not liking the Latos/Hammels matchup on Wednesday. I think they can take two of three if they win tonight but the pitching matchups aren't favorable.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 9, 2016 -> 12:15 PM)
Prince Fielder alone is responsible for that. The Rangers have a much more dangerous lineup top-to-bottom than the Sox.

Looking at it position by position I'd give the Rangers a slight edge, I think you're exaggerating with the "much-more dangerous".