6/21 Games

caulfield12

I think that at this point you have to be hopeful that he is a high leverage reliever who is being used as a starter and wearing down as the season progresses. In the draft their was a thought that his small stature may lend to that type of pitcher.

I wonder if you put him on the Disabled List and let him catch his breath a bit. Then you could have him come back in the pen for the rest of the season. He may be pissed at this but it seems that could be best for the player long term.

Disabling him's unlikely to help.

The strange push for him to come up to the big leagues was one of the last things the development people did which made absolutely no sense.

Giolito at 93 mph on the Gwinnett gun on that last k. Starting this game retiring the first six batters. Matched up with Lucas Sims again, Braves' #18 prospect.

Bueno's versatility is interesting, but he's only a 718 career milb ops guy. Still just 24. New acquisition Green is playing LF.

Moncada walks for the second time tonight.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 07:26 PM)
And with Fulmer's inability to strike anyone out right now I'm not sure how much better he would fare in the pen. Future isn't looking bright for him.

Wish we hadn't put him on the 40 man last fall.

Giolito strikes out the side. Five k's, only 31 pitches through 3. 4.71 era.

Asche with two run bomb to open up lead...still the best hitter statistically by far on the roster.

Could be as high as 5th in draft pick race by end of tonight.

Edited by caulfield12

Game tied, 3-3 bottom of the fifth. Peterson is just too good right now. Jumped on first pitch.

Threw 48 pitches to struggle through 4th/5th innings. Oh well, back up to 4.95 era. Strikeouts encouraging. Velocity has stabilized at 93.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 10:30 PM)
Great first four innings before the implosion. Baby steps

I know its been mentioned before, but he seems really Gavin Floydish. I actually wouldn't mind giving him big league starts to allow him to work with Coop and just "work" without fear of being demoted.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 09:17 PM)
The strange push for him to come up to the big leagues was one of the last things the development people did which made absolutely no sense.

Absolutely crippled his development. Said that before the season even started.

Fulmer looked quite good in early May. I don't understand what happened. He doesn't look different mechanically now, from what I can tell on a grainy MiLB feed at least.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 03:42 AM)
Anthony Villa hit 2 dingers for GF. He only hit 3 HR in 59 games at GF last year.

23-year old repeating rookie ball, first baseman. Fun to see, but I wouldn't get excited.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 08:15 AM)
Fulmer looked quite good in early May. I don't understand what happened. He doesn't look different mechanically now, from what I can tell on a grainy MiLB feed at least.

23-year old repeating rookie ball, first baseman. Fun to see, but I wouldn't get excited.

He played 3rd in the season opener, and made a couple really nice plays. I don't know if that changes his value or not, just thought I'd throw it out there.

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
He played 3rd in the season opener, and made a couple really nice plays. I don't know if that changes his value or not, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks. Yes I saw he played some third, which was a surprise. But sometimes that stuff happens only early in the season as the team assembles. If he's playing there regularly as the weeks go on, then that gets a little more interesting.