Eloy Jimenez Calls His Shot

SkokieSox

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 5, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
I'm going to say we see him as the #1 prospect in baseball on some lists in 2018.

Having two different guys at #1 two years in a row would just be crazy. This rebuild might not be as successful as we hope but the Sox are doing just about everything right.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 5, 2017 -> 03:01 PM)
Yep think Acuna will be 1, Vladito 2, Eloy 3 and Kopech in the 7-8 range

Acura has been unreal in 2017. You could make the argument he deserves to be called up now, even though that is not going to happen.

A strong finish should vault Jimenez into the top three. Little glad will be in the mix, along with Robles.

Eloy definitely passes the eye test as does Moncada and some of the pitching candidates for the rotation in the future. I'd really be surprised if Eloy flopped. I sure hope we get a catcher who passes the can't miss eye test and third baseman (I'm taking your guys word for it that Davidson is a stiff and won't cut it) and DH as well (Delmonico?)

Edited by greg775

Funny stuff by Clarkin who seems to be doing his best Derek Holland mustache impersonation.

I think Eloy takes the same path in 2018 that Devers and Acuna took this year. Devers and Acuna had not played above A+ going into this season and now Devers is in Boston and Acuna with Gwinnett looking for a call up. I think Torres was going to do the same before his injury. 2018 is going to be a huge year for Eloy.

QUOTE (SEALgep @ Aug 5, 2017 -> 12:51 PM)
https://www.google.com/amp/www.csnchicago.c...home-runs%3famp

Teammates are loving this guy, great to see

The kid has a fun swagger about him which, in addition to his immense potential as a player, lends itself to a lot of future fun following his career. Also doesn't hurt that he speaks English. He did an interview on the Score last month after the trade and I thought he comported himself quite nicely.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 6, 2017 -> 09:34 AM)
The kid has a fun swagger about him which, in addition to his immense potential as a player, lends itself to a lot of future fun following his career. Also doesn't hurt that he speaks English. He did an interview on the Score last month after the trade and I thought he comported himself quite nicely.

He definitely has swagger.

• 2 weeks later...