FOX World Series coverage: Loud-mouthed, distracting, senseless

whitesoxjr27

The best Western civilization can hope for is that common sense is in a sustained tactical withdrawal, and not in full, frantic retreat.

World Series, Game 1: In the fourth, FOX’s broadcast was knocked out by “a rare electronics failure.” OK, such things happen.

Soon, after filling time from a studio, FOX presented MLB’s international feed, thus the game reappeared. The network then chose to post the following along the bottom of the screen: “PROGRAM ALERT: We are experiencing technical difficulty. You are watching MLB’s International Feed.”

OK, we got it.

But then FOX, with Game 1 of the World Series above this message, began to scroll this info, moving it right to left, over and over and over, thus making it as distracting as possible, for the next 16 minutes. Such an annoyance perhaps was inspired by ESPN’s “SportsCenter Is Next!,” “SportsCenter Is Next! …

http://nypost.com/2015/10/30/fox-world-ser...ting-senseless/

Edited by whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 30, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
The best Western civilization can hope for is that common sense is in a sustained tactical withdrawal, and not in full, frantic retreat.

World Series, Game 1: In the fourth, FOX’s broadcast was knocked out by “a rare electronics failure.” OK, such things happen.

Soon, after filling time from a studio, FOX presented MLB’s international feed, thus the game reappeared. The network then chose to post the following along the bottom of the screen: “PROGRAM ALERT: We are experiencing technical difficulty. You are watching MLB’s International Feed.”

OK, we got it.

But then FOX, with Game 1 of the World Series above this message, began to scroll this info, moving it right to left, over and over and over, thus making it as distracting as possible, for the next 16 minutes. Such an annoyance perhaps was inspired by ESPN’s “SportsCenter Is Next!,” “SportsCenter Is Next! …

http://nypost.com/2015/10/30/fox-world-ser...ting-senseless/

Coming soon, Harold Reynolds talks too much and Erin Andrews isn't as captivating as she used to be...

It is amazing to me how awful baseballs national color commentators are. To go from Tim Carver to Harold Reynolds. It is insane for the sport that basically invented thoughtful analysis they have the absolute worse personalities.

Right now its

NHL

EPL

NBA

NFL

MLB

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 05:16 PM)
It is amazing to me how awful baseballs national color commentators are. To go from Tim Carver to Harold Reynolds. It is insane for the sport that basically invented thoughtful analysis they have the absolute worse personalities.

Right now its

NHL

EPL

NBA

NFL

MLB

I had Royals fans tell me Rex Hudler is good for baseball.

The problem is a lot of these former players are god-awful announcers. Some are good. The Sox are probably gonna look at Pods, Rowand, Frank, etc. who have all been terrible in the booth with Stone or Hawk. Give me a trained announcer, not a former player.

At one point I got the international stream with Matt Vasgersian and John Smoltz. Vasgersian was awesome, Smoltz was meh.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 05:52 PM)
I had Royals fans tell me Rex Hudler is good for baseball.

The problem is a lot of these former players are god-awful announcers. Some are good. The Sox are probably gonna look at Pods, Rowand, Frank, etc. who have all been terrible in the booth with Stone or Hawk. Give me a trained announcer, not a former player.

At one point I got the international stream with Matt Vasgersian and John Smoltz. Vasgersian was awesome, Smoltz was meh.

Vin Scully never played baseball, I agree that the bias towards former players is too much.