8/31 Games

flavum

5 Shutout innings now.....Really hope he starts in AA next year.

Take out his 1st 3 games in WS (We'll call it an adjusting period) and the guy has a 1.73 ERA in 14 starts....I'd say he's ready.

Combine those numbers with his Kanny numbers and he's got a 1.38 ERA in 111 IP with a 92/27 K/BB rate.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 04:32 PM)
With really no signs of slowing down. That bodes well for next year.

Barring setbacks, he should be able to get to 160 innings or so next year, putting him in position to join the rotation in '16. Helluva year for the kid. Big offseason upcoming for his conditioning and

strength.

130 professional innings for a 19 y.o. with barely a blip should stifle the "Can he be a starter?" debate - at least among the sane.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 06:26 PM)
Pretty impressive first full season for a 19 year old. Curious if he will start of 2015 with Winston or if he will be moved up to Birmingham. Montas and Danish in the same rotation for Birmingham sounds pretty damn good to me.

Can't imagine it will be anywhere but B'Ham.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
Keon Barnum doesn't get a lot of attention, but he really had a nice second half. He stayed healthy this year, which is great.

I was thinking that initially too, but after looking closer it looks like his June was fantastic but he cooled way off since then. .600 OPS in July and August. The thing that worries me is the lack of power for what he was expected to be.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)
Can't imagine it will be anywhere but B'Ham.

I'm thinking you're right. Doesn't seem like there would be a whole lot for Danish left to prove at Winston next year. That is going to be awesome following Montas and Danish next year. I'm already looking forward to it.

Fwiw, I'm drinking some silver bullets. :D

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 01:54 AM)
I remember when Keon Barnum's ceiling was Ryan Howard. Now it's more like Ryan Garko.

And holy s***, no idea how I pulled that name out. What a name drop to randomly come to my mind.

Garko was more of a doubles hitter.

Cliff Floyd might be a better comparison. Of course, it's doubtful that he ever reaches that ceiling, but Ryan Garko's about the last name I would associate with Barnum...he's not even LH'ed.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)

Cliff Floyd might be a better comparison. Of course, it's doubtful that he ever reaches that ceiling, but Ryan Garko's about the last name I would associate with Barnum...he's not even LH'ed.

this goes to prove how much of a crap shot it is for draft pick. even if you draft high in the

first round it still a gamble.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 03:12 AM)

It was just a play on the name Ryan, don't take this away from me!