2016 AL Central catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Austin Jackson makes more sense here than the Indians, but still believe the race will be so tight nobody will need to make desperation spring training trades or provide overpays on fa's.

Upton and JD give them plenty of offense. They'll just have to use Gose more often.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
Austin Jackson makes more sense here than the Indians, but still believe the race will be so tight nobody will need to make desperation spring training trades or provide overpays on fa's.

Upton and JD give them plenty of offense. They'll just have to use Gose more often.

I thought the plan was a Gose/Maybin platoon? I doubt Jackson signs to be a platoon player.

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 60m60 minutes ago

Source: Dillon Gee has notified the Royals that he will opt out of his deal if not added to 40-man roster during 48-hour window. Gee's opt-out date is today (3/15), with the 48-hour window opening at midnight. Royals reportedly impressed with him so far.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Report: Royals to seek revenge on Mets for World Series brushback

I needed a reminder of how obnoxious the Royals are, and this arrived just in time!

I would throw high and tight on Escobar again. Dude goes up there looking for the first pitch, you might as well

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 29, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Report: Royals to seek revenge on Mets for World Series brushback

I needed a reminder of how obnoxious the Royals are, and this arrived just in time!

They won the World Series, took a whole winter, and are STILL worried about this? That is impressive pettiness.

I was just watching a game the other day where there was a pitch high and tight and the announcers discussed how that used to be just part of the game.

Shoeless Joe Jackson: The first two were high and tight, so where do you think the next one's gonna be?

Archie Graham: Well, either low and away, or in my ear.

Shoeless Joe Jackson: He's not gonna wanna load the bases, so look low and away.

Archie Graham: Right.

Shoeless Joe Jackson: But watch out for in your ear.