MLB.com Top 100 list

GGajewski18

Jim Callis @jimcallisMLB · Jan 16

Top 100 out in late January. Top 30s (up from 20s) in March. @cody_schrader: When do you guys plan on doing top prospect list for 2015?

It'll be pretty cool to see a list consist of 30 for each team.

As far as the top 100 list, I could see Rodon, Anderson, and possibly Montas.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 12:36 AM)
Jim Callis @jimcallisMLB · Jan 16

Top 100 out in late January. Top 30s (up from 20s) in March. @cody_schrader: When do you guys plan on doing top prospect list for 2015?

It'll be pretty cool to see a list consist of 30 for each team.

As far as the top 100 list, I could see Rodon, Anderson, and possibly Montas.

all man, i am sooo hype that someone like Callis will even reach out for future sox

top list.

this site sure has grown into something special.

on to the subject. yeah i can wait to see the new list of soxtalk top prospect.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 02:00 AM)
Of the 3 major lists each year (And now Fangraph's would make 4), I would expect Rodon and Anderson to make every top 100, and then Montas or Adams or both to sneak in to the end of at least 1 list.

Keith Law has stated that Rodon, Anderson, Montas, and Micah will all be in his top 100.

QUOTE (staxx @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
just think if davidson and johnson can regain form. we have potentially 6-7 top 100 prospects on top of our talented MLB team. can't remember the last time i could say that.

If Johnson gets his fastball back I'm very comfortable in saying that we'll be in the playoffs. Not holding my breath though.

QUOTE (staxx @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
just think if davidson and johnson can regain form. we have potentially 6-7 top 100 prospects on top of our talented MLB team. can't remember the last time i could say that.

Johnson already graduated from the prospect list with his late season experience 2 years ago, and beginning of last year.

With that said, Rodon and Anderson are for sure top 100 prospects and in my opinion Micah, Montas, and Adams are all borderline.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
Johnson already graduated from the prospect list with his late season experience 2 years ago, and beginning of last year.

With that said, Rodon and Anderson are for sure top 100 prospects and in my opinion Micah, Montas, and Adams are all borderline.

Those guys seem too far away to reach top-100 in MLB lists to me.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)
Montas will be in AA next year, how is that too far away for top 100 status?

Because he hasn't done it either consistently or in AA. Spectacular year, but didn't even reach 100 innings. There ought to be guys who have put up much more consistent numbers than that.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
Until the Robertson signing it was conceivable that Montas would break camp on the 25 man roster. Unlikely, probably to an exceeding degree, but definitely possible.

That only seemed conceivable in part because the white sox are insanely aggressive with pushing guys upward.

21 year old? 250 total minor league innings? 5 innings above A ball? Most innings in a season 110? 82 innings last year? Sure why not, he's ready.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
That only seemed conceivable in part because the white sox are insanely aggressive with pushing guys upward.

21 year old? 250 total minor league innings? 5 innings above A ball? Most innings in a season 110? 82 innings last year? Sure why not, he's ready.

What's your view on recent college draftees that are ranked in the top 100, like Rodon?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)
What's your view on recent college draftees that are ranked in the top 100, like Rodon?

Rodon has already hit 130 innings twice and has done so at a level of competition probably equivalent to the high A minor league levels all things considered. I'm hesitant to be nearly as aggressive as the white sox are likely to be with him and wouldn't even think about calling him up until I've seen him for a decent stint in AAA if I were in the GM chair, but he's far closer than Montas to the big leagues. Even with that, the reason he's not a top 10 in MLB prospect yet is that he hasn't done anything at AA yet.

i have mention this in the past, like last yr. there has to be a standard base on a

criteria given by the baseball experts to judge prospect and listing criteria's.

too much inconsistency in the grading of the young prospects.

ex.... prospect A make the top 100 based on potential - age 22 college pick

prosect B make it base on what he actuall did in the minors. - age 22 int'l signing.

edit, prospect B did all he can to show what he has, yet prospect A makes

it base on potential. that is not right.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 18, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
Because he hasn't done it either consistently or in AA. Spectacular year, but didn't even reach 100 innings. There ought to be guys who have put up much more consistent numbers than that.

Sano and Buxton hadn't either when they were top 10 prospects in all of baseball.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
all man, i am sooo hype that someone like Callis will even reach out for future sox top list.

I am not sure I understand the bolded. Callis does follow us on Twitter and we've interacted a few times, but I am quite sure he and MLB are not going to be linking to or mentioning our top prospects list.

That said... the new Future Sox T25+ list is being worked on right now. Votes are mostly tabulated, write-ups underway. Planning to go live next week.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 20, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
I am not sure I understand the bolded. Callis does follow us on Twitter and we've interacted a few times, but I am quite sure he and MLB are not going to be linking to or mentioning our top prospects list.

That said... the new Future Sox T25+ list is being worked on right now. Votes are mostly tabulated, write-ups underway. Planning to go live next week.

i meant it as a compliment, the work you and others have done, has been

short of a masterpiece.

Future Talk should be extremely happy.

i did not want to get too sappy.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
all man, i am sooo hype that someone like Callis will even reach out for future sox

top list.

Pretty sure that was someone from Soxtalk tweeting at Callis asking about the Top 100, not the other way around lol.

From Kiley's prospect chat:

Comment From Chris

Do the White Sox have three in the top 50?

Kiley McDaniel

I've got an early working top 100 and the Sox have two in the top 50, then a third around 65. Subject to change, though.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/kiley-mcdan...cts-chat-12315/

Assuming his grades have remained the same since he did his White Sox list, that would be Rodon and Anderson in the top 50 as 60 FV guys and Montas around 65 as a 55 FV.

Edited by Ozzie Ball