Royals at Sox Game 2

ScootsMcGoots

Ya boy Shields is pitching tonight...might be a good game for the pro-tankers. I think if the Sox continue to hit, they can pull this one out of the hat.

It definitely has been fun watching these young guys play, and seeing glimpses of the future.

First pitch 6:10 Central. Enjoy!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 09:21 AM)
Ya boy Shields is pitching tonight...might be a good game for the pro-tankers. I think if the Sox continue to hit, they can pull this one out of the hat.

It definitely has been fun watching these young guys play, and seeing glimpses of the future.

First pitch 6:10 Central. Enjoy!!!

I get to go to another Shields start. What fun.

QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 12:01 PM)
I'll be in attendance with my brother whose home for 1 more week before he returns to South Korea for the Air Force....let's make this count boys!

Have a blast and thank you to your brother for his service!

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 02:19 PM)
Big Game James Shields making it 6 straight wins tonight

I know it's James Shields and all, but I'd settle for a 5 game streak! Just ribbing ya man. I'm the idiot that was so stoned the other night I typed Dominican and saw Cuban in my head in reference to Moncada.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Tough to get behind the Sox when their sending Shields out on the mound, but I understand why he's still with the team.

When you get ReyLo going, you want the Sox to dominate. ReyLo + Moncada + even to an extent Anderson is the future.

Now, it's just watching for the joy of baseball or seeing a bit of Moncada.

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 02:46 PM)
Tough to get behind the Sox when their sending Shields out on the mound, but I understand why he's still with the team.

When you get ReyLo going, you want the Sox to dominate. ReyLo + Moncada + even to an extent Anderson is the future.

Now, it's just watching for the joy of baseball or seeing a bit of Moncada.

Every goodbad team has a tank commander!

Edited by Sox-35th

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 01:49 PM)
I know it's James Shields and all, but I'd settle for a 5 game streak! Just ribbing ya man. I'm the idiot that was so stoned the other night I typed Dominican and saw Cuban in my head in reference to Moncada.

So how's your state of mind for tonight's game? ;)

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 03:14 PM)
So how's your state of mind for tonight's game? ;)

Well usually I smoke a nice fat bowl to unwind after work and tonight will be no different! I have to say this is the most fun I've had following the Sox (the last couple weeks since Moncada came up and now with Rodon and ReyLo as well) probably since the 2006 team. Even though the 2006 season ended too early it was still a ton of fun watching that offense.

Even though this Sox team sucks ass and features losers like Shields it's so much fun, much moreso than I imagined really, watching the losses pile up while a few of the next generation show out like ReyLo, Rodon and Moncada. Hell, it's been enjoyable just watching bit younger guys like Avi, Engel, Leury and Yolmer hold their own and in some cases excel.

TA has really been the only bitter pill this year imo but hopefully he can finish strong and put this year behind him.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 03:40 PM)
Well usually I smoke a nice fat bowl to unwind after work and tonight will be no different! I have to say this is the most fun I've had following the Sox (the last couple weeks since Moncada came up and now with Rodon and ReyLo as well) probably since the 2006 team. Even though the 2006 season ended too early it was still a ton of fun watching that offense.

Even though this Sox team sucks ass and features losers like Shields it's so much fun, much moreso than I imagined really, watching the losses pile up while a few of the next generation show out like ReyLo, Rodon and Moncada. Hell, it's been enjoyable just watching bit younger guys like Avi, Engel, Leury and Yolmer hold their own and in some cases excel.

TA has really been the only bitter pill this year imo but hopefully he can finish strong and put this year behind him.

My feelings as well. Except the bowl part.

As far as TA, he had a productive night at the plate last night. Maybe he's starting to turn it around...?

QUOTE (Yoda @ Aug 12, 2017 -> 12:01 PM)
I'll be in attendance with my brother whose home for 1 more week before he returns to South Korea for the Air Force....let's make this count boys!

How am I supposed to cheer for a loss after reading this? Hope you two have a blast.