Gillaspie has had planter fasciitis

southsider2k5

plantar....not easy, have had this twice in my sports career, once for landing on the 1B bag awkwardly on back heel while playing softball...the other playing badminton in 2010, both times it took a good 4-6 months to get through. Actually, it's almost like the bottom of your foot or heel feels broken, but there's nothing you can do but rest and try to not put too much weight on your foot or it will re-irritate it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 10:11 AM)
plantar....not easy, have had this twice in my sports career, once for landing on the 1B bag awkwardly on back heel while playing softball...the other playing badminton in 2010, both times it took a good 4-6 months to get through. Actually, it's almost like the bottom of your foot or heel feels broken, but there's nothing you can do but rest and try to not put too much weight on your foot or it will re-irritate it.

The rehab for it is to get the blood flowing to the area. The fascia is a think piece of tissue on the bottom of the foot that holds up the arch. The typical etiology of the problem is not enough arch support which causes inflammation usual at the proximal end of the tissue at the anterior part of the heel. So they will do alot of aggressive massage, arch supports, stretching and modalities to heat the area up to get blood flowing. If you catch it early and are aggressive with the rehab, it shouldn't take too long depend on the structure of the foot. If it is ignored or not treated properly it can last years.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
Has Davidson done anything noteworthy in ST?

Struck out a few times, booted a ball, threw one away I believe. But don't knock him, he has upside, other than the fact he can't hit, run, or field. He hit 20 homers last season and his HR rate was probably 6th or 7th on the team.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
Struck out a few times, booted a ball, threw one away I believe. But don't knock him, he has upside, other than the fact he can't hit, run, or field. He hit 20 homers last season and his HR rate was probably 6th or 7th on the team.

So in other words this was a useless post to bash him? You couldn't actually answer the question with anything productive? Has he hit well or poorly in ST?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
So in other words this was a useless post to bash him? You couldn't actually answer the question with anything productive? Has he hit well or poorly in ST?

The question was answered, but I forgot, it isn't Beckham, so no shots are allowed.

2 singles 4 strikeouts, 14 AB, 2 errors.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:27 PM)
I assume if Gillaspie got hurt, then it would be Bonifacio/Beckham

Conor had a good year last year, at least a good first few months, but 3B has to be an upgrade priority for Hahn IMO. Too bad they couldn't expand the deal with Oakland to add Donaldson. He would be worth giving up a couple of decent prospects.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)
Conor had a good year last year, at least a good first few months, but 3B has to be an upgrade priority for Hahn IMO. Too bad they couldn't expand the deal with Oakland to add Donaldson. He would be worth giving up a couple of decent prospects.

Wasn't Donaldson traded before the trade though?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)

Meh. I actually like a Gillaspie / Bonafacio platoon. I realize that it is more likely to be Beckham, but really the SOX could do much worse. Connor has been very solid against RHP. I honestly wish the SOX would have employed more platoons over the years...they've generally avoided them.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
Meh. I actually like a Gillaspie / Bonafacio platoon. I realize that it is more likely to be Beckham, but really the SOX could do much worse. Connor has been very solid against RHP. I honestly wish the SOX would have employed more platoons over the years...they've generally avoided them.

When your bench is Nieto, Leury, Sierra, and Paulie, platoons are kind of tough.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
When your bench is Nieto, Leury, Sierra, and Paulie, platoons are kind of tough.

Its ironic you say that since two of those guys were platooned for the most part (Sierra/De Aza and Dunn/Paulie). He just meant in general over the years but your example was from a team that actually used them.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 03:44 PM)

I am ok with it as well but now I'm especially worried because this is one of those injuries that can just drag on and destroy a guy for weeks/months.