white sox claim kyle drabek

Whisox05

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 03:36 PM)
Can't hurt. Bring him into the system and see if we can Gavin Floyd him. If not, release him for the next guy.

success after multiple TJ surgeries is not good. It usually means they are unwilling to change anything in their pitching.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 04:42 PM)
Drabek will also have to be put back through waivers to send him to Charlotte. Out of options.

wtf? Puzzling move. So...what they are gonna get a week look at him and maybe he comes north? Doesn't exactly speak highly of their other back of the pen options.

This should be interesting. I don't see Drabek clearing waivers and I don't see him going north. I could very well be wrong and I hope he clears waivers cause I do like the claim. Could serve as a nice arm for the pen, given his medical history it might be the best option for Drabek.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 05:23 PM)
http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/pro...p?P=Doug-Drabek

I don't think there's any way he's coming north for OD. They just want him in Charlotte with Beck and E.Johnson for rotation depth.

That could be a very solid rotation if Rodon is down there too.

Rodon, Beck, Johnson, Doran, Drabek.

I suppose it's possible they use him for the Penny/long man slot, but that really wouldn't help him get things turned around, career-wise. And it sounds like Sale was coming back earlier than most predicted.

They have to have noticed some mechanical issues/flaws they feel might be correctable...and want him to work with Cooper for a week or two before going down to the minors.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ Mar 27, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
I know your word is good but any reason specifically you think/know the Sox have liked him?

Couldn't have been. I am pretty sure he'd be an All Star now if he was. At least that's what I have been hearing recently.

Maybe Rock or Bucket could speak to this but I have a buddy that knows a coach that's been around for awhile. He gets stuff every once in awhile. He said that Sox tried to get Drabek for Floyd and Danks. It's kind of like KW always loved Betances. There are certain guys that you hear about occasionally. Drabek may be a shell of his former self but it's still interesting.

When it comes to the waivers thing, the Sox were in this position last year with Guerra. He was put on waivers after the Sox claimed him, and he ended up getting outrighted to Charlotte--and eventually came up.

40-man spots are generally pretty scarce around the league. Chances are Drabek stays with the Sox organization.

Edited by flavum