Game Thread 4/9: SOX @ ROX

cabiness42

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 07:04 AM)
Hoping for a nice bounce back for Johnson! That lineup can be tough but Johnson has the stuff when he's on :gosox2:

I expect a better outing. With that said, he's gona have a tough time with that lineup and pitching in Colorado. Hope he keeps it to 3 runs or less and gives us a chance.

I'm guessing they hit less than 6.

As long as the combined total is less than 12, I'm happy. I haven't seen very many major league records set in person and I'd like to keep that one for a while.

Just saw that Sox big bats not only knocked Wil Lopez out of the game yesterday, but he was sent down to AAA today, inf Rutledge brought up. Would not be surprised to see him in the lineup today, especially if Tulo is hurting.

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 01:32 PM)
Just saw that Sox big bats not only knocked Wil Lopez out of the game yesterday, but he was sent down to AAA today, inf Rutledge brought up. Would not be surprised to see him in the lineup today, especially if Tulo is hirting.

I saw that too. Feel bad for the guy, it was real nice to be on the side of a good ole slaughtering.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
I also like that Viciedo is in the line up. I still think he's part of the core and only 25. On the other hand, still have to play De Aza to get his trade value at its highest

De aza's trade value will be minimal, at best.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 01:35 PM)
De aza's trade value will be minimal, at best.

If he's hitting, he'd probably fetch a prospect or two of value. No one elite though.

You have to remember that he's really fairly cheap for a productive outfielder, with another arb year after this one. This isn't Rios and his contract. They are essentially getting 1.5 years of him at probably AAV ~$5M, and he's easily worth that and change if he's putting up a mid-700's OPS and stealing 20 bags as a LHH OF. Different WAR calcs see him differently, but if a team has a need for a LH bat mid-season, he'll bring back something.

ETA: His defense killed his value somewhat last year, but he was playing a lot of CF. He'll be better on the corners.