4/15; Red Sox @ White Sox

Jose Abreu

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not close enough to consider going anyway, but even if I were I'm not sure I'd take free tickets for tonight's game. Unless there's some kind of giveaway--then I'd consider going, watching Abreu bat once, and then leave.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 07:09 AM)
O/U on actual people in the seats: 1,000. Bundle up boys & girls

im taking the under.

The Sox need to work Peavy over and frustrate him tonight

36 degrees now forecast throughout the game.

Will feel like 30-32, actually expected to "warm" up a bit as the night goes on.

I'm not sure what is worse...having sub 10,000 attendance games, having 10-15,000 with the Red Sox in town and being 80-85% Boston Bandwagon fans or the fact that these games would have made the White Sox a lot more revenue on a weekend/May-August.

As it is, there's going to be articles written about the low attendance with Boston in town, in spite of the weather factor.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)
Lets hope Johnson bounces back or at least gives us 6+ solid innings

Seeing his velocity improve would make me happy. Seems like he's been down 1-2 MPH on his fastball this year, so getting his stuff back would be a huge step in the right direction. If his struggles were to continue at that point, then you start to worry about him a bit. Right now, I'm more concerned with getting velocity on track than actual results.