New Blog Posted!

My_Sox_Summer

My Sox Summer; Glad I read your article about White Sox bobbleheads. I save them also. I have 85 different White Sox bobbleheads. Keep us informed if you hear anything back from the White Sox about some of your ideas.

• 1 month later...

This bobblehead hobby is BIG. At the last White Sox bobblehead giveaway (Scotty Pods) I met somebody who is a big time bobblehead collector. He said he has over 1,200 different bobbleheads. I thought he was kidding. He took out his smartphone and showed me pictures of his mancave/bobblehead room. He wasn't kidding.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 08:59 AM)
This bobblehead hobby is BIG. At the last White Sox bobblehead giveaway (Scotty Pods) I met somebody who is a big time bobblehead collector. He said he has over 1,200 different bobbleheads. I thought he was kidding. He took out his smartphone and showed me pictures of his mancave/bobblehead room. He wasn't kidding.

Space is the killer with bobbles. That and dust bunnies

Quick sidebar:

The nex t bobble for dye is this Saturday. Prices on stubhub? $7 and up, same as the box office.

That's why the sox don't do all fans. They don't draw much above and beyond the 20k they announce to give out. Never mind a chunk of those are guys like me going on and out for dupes.

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 08:59 AM)

It's gotten really huge in the last few years. I think because most folks have heard that you can make quick money on them.

This years bobble days have been kinda sad. Thought they would have done better with the '05 guys.

That being said, if anyone has an Abreu from SoxFest, I am interested. PM me.

Thanks!

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)
Quick sidebar:

The nex t bobble for dye is this Saturday. Prices on stubhub? $7 and up, same as the box office.

That's why the sox don't do all fans. They don't draw much above and beyond the 20k they announce to give out. Never mind a chunk of those are guys like me going on and out for dupes.

I get some extras too, to trade mostly.

If the Sox were better on the field, they'd have better returns. Konerko Day there were lines like crazy, that SHOULD have been an all fan giveaway. Same with the ring.

But yeah, as it stands, no need to have 40k these days. Milwaukee gives you one bobble per ticket, wish the Sox would do that. Make my life a bit easier.

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Aug 26, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)
I get some extras too, to trade mostly.

If the Sox were better on the field, they'd have better returns. Konerko Day there were lines like crazy, that SHOULD have been an all fan giveaway. Same with the ring.

But yeah, as it stands, no need to have 40k these days. Milwaukee gives you one bobble per ticket, wish the Sox would do that. Make my life a bit easier.

Sox had 33k paid for ring day. Far from a sellout. ( I also got 13 rings that day)

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Aug 27, 2015 -> 07:24 PM)
Sox had 33k paid for ring day. Far from a sellout. ( I also got 13 rings that day)

What is a sellout? 39k? So you do 35k. It just sucked trying to get in. Rings were gone by 12:30, plenty of folks didn't get one.

If you have people going for you, yeah, you can get plenty if you are there early enough. That day, the in and out would have been tough.

They also sold the rings to employees this past week, $5 each. Bobbles for $3.

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 10:04 AM)
What is a sellout? 39k? So you do 35k. It just sucked trying to get in. Rings were gone by 12:30, plenty of folks didn't get one.

If you have people going for you, yeah, you can get plenty if you are there early enough. That day, the in and out would have been tough.

They also sold the rings to employees this past week, $5 each. Bobbles for $3.

It was easy. I just walked in and out 11 times( my wife went in once, and my neighbor went twice)

As for the $5 ring sale, where u hear this? Considering they sold the Fisk statues at the garage sale a week after handing them out at a game for $40, I don't believe you. Also, I know for a fact that back door deals are not tolerated.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Aug 31, 2015 -> 10:58 AM)
It was easy. I just walked in and out 11 times( my wife went in once, and my neighbor went twice)

As for the $5 ring sale, where u hear this? Considering they sold the Fisk statues at the garage sale a week after handing them out at a game for $40, I don't believe you. Also, I know for a fact that back door deals are not tolerated.

Kudos to you! What gate did you use? Cause it wouldn't have worked at the gate I used.

I was told that by an employee who I see / talk to at most games. She had no reason to lie. It was an offer to people that work there, not a garage sale or public sale. Not something the Sox do on the regular either, that is what she told me.

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
Kudos to you! What gate did you use? Cause it wouldn't have worked at the gate I used.

I was told that by an employee who I see / talk to at most games. She had no reason to lie. It was an offer to people that work there, not a garage sale or public sale. Not something the Sox do on the regular either, that is what she told me.

If that's the case they threw money away. $5 for a ring that is $60'on eBay is nuts.

Was this lady a full time staffer, or a seasonal staffer? Because I'm going to bug my guys about this!

There was a note about giving the bobble head give away on days they were already expecting a big crowd. Wknd, Yankees, Frank Thomas retirement day. The reason for that is very very simple. It was to get 25,000 people in the door an hour and a half before the game. That way they are drinking $8 beers inside and $5 hot dogs rather than sitting in the parking lot or driving in right at game time. Sell 2 beers and the bobble is paid for already.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 09:15 AM)
If that's the case they threw money away. $5 for a ring that is $60'on eBay is nuts.

Was this lady a full time staffer, or a seasonal staffer? Because I'm going to bug my guys about this!

She's been there forever. Seasonal though.

Sox don't typically sell things at the right prices, just been my experience.

As you told me years ago, they'll always order a ton and we'll see them at the sale this winter for $25+.

Hope the Abreu from SoxFest is there, was disappointed that wasn't sold last week. Landed a bunch of autographed balls for $20, but really would like an Abreu!

QUOTE (My_Sox_Summer @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:41 AM)
She's been there forever. Seasonal though.

Sox don't typically sell things at the right prices, just been my experience.

As you told me years ago, they'll always order a ton and we'll see them at the sale this winter for $25+.

Hope the Abreu from SoxFest is there, was disappointed that wasn't sold last week. Landed a bunch of autographed balls for $20, but really would like an Abreu!

Considering that the day of game workers cant get these items, it seems fair the sox are letting them in on what looks to be insane pricing.