Hahn Speaks

GGajewski18

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 13m13 minutes ago Minneapolis, MN

Hahn: "The approach we’ve had for the last several weeks or months in the front office has been to be extremely open minded ...

Hahn: "There’s no sacred cows. Everything is on the table and we are looking at everything."

Build around Chris Sale and Jose Abreu.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 07:10 PM)

Hahn: "The approach we’ve had for the last several weeks or months in the front office has been to be extremely open minded ...

Hahn: "There’s no sacred cows. Everything is on the table and we are looking at everything."

Sounds to me like they're thinking of a big trade involving a fan favorite.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 07:10 PM)

No, look at this team -- if someone blows us away with an offer, you trade anyone.

Chris Sale could bring back a franchise altering haul, and between boston with dombrowski at the head they might be willing to sake f*** the rebuild and lets reload.

I feel if you move Sale though you're forced to move Quintana and Abreu as well, and eventually Robertson when the best deal presents it self and anything else in the pen. You'd be forced to play LaRoche in hopes that he can perform a Dunn and sell high at the deadline same goes for Danks and melky if he produces his second half numbers would have a lot of teams giving calls. The nice thing with moving everyone not named Eaton is that we should be able to cut our rebuild time in half and be competitive in 2-3 years with the addition of another 2-3 top ten picks to supplement the transition. Keeping eaton makes sense because he is still young and under contract for when we should be ready to compete.

QUOTE (beautox @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
Chris Sale could bring back a franchise altering haul, and between boston with dombrowski at the head they might be willing to sake f*** the rebuild and lets reload.

Too bad Boston doesn't have enough to trade for Sale. Only the Cubs and the Dodgers can match his value with non-MLB or rookie talent.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)
Too bad Boston doesn't have enough to trade for Sale. Only the Cubs and the Dodgers can match his value with non-MLB or rookie talent.

The Red sox have the best system in baseball right now followed by the dodgers then the rockies, the cubs have graduated a ton of talent. I think both the dodgers and the red sox make a ton of sense.

Edited by beautox

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 12:10 AM)

maybe it is me and me being very skeptical, but this sounds as a snow job to make it look as everything is mellow.

thinking about it, it sure feels that there was a real problem in the FO during this time. reason, why make excuses, for some sort of justification.

i don't buy it,

but it is what it is.

QUOTE (beautox @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 01:51 AM)
The Red sox have the best system in baseball right now followed by the dodgers then the rockies, the cubs have graduated a ton of talent. I think both the dodgers and the red sox make a ton of sense.

i don't think the sox will trade him.

but for this discussion ..... if the sox trade him, get him out of the AL.

QUOTE (beautox @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)

The Red Sox have one of the most overrated systems in baseball, IMO. Any package for Sale would have to start with Bogaerts, and I doubt Boston would give him up.

But...White Flag, the Sox attendance will nosedive, etc., etc.

Would have been nice if they would have started rebuilding in 2007 instead of eight years later. If that had been done correctly, we'd be sitting in a sweet position right about now.

According to this thread, we're now pushing back to 2018-19-20.

Hope they get it right at some point. And/or decide to hold someone accountable for not getting it right finally.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 02:02 AM)
But...White Flag, the Sox attendance will nosedive, etc., etc.

Would have been nice if they would have started rebuilding in 2007 instead of eight years later. If that had been done correctly, we'd be sitting in a sweet position right about now.

According to this thread, we're now pushing back to 2018-19-20.

Hope they get it right at some point. And/or decide to hold someone accountable for not getting it right finally.

if they really made some hard, harsh choices in spring training and i am not talking about trading Sale nor Jose, i feel as they can compete next yr.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
if they really made some hard, harsh choices in spring training and i am not talking about trading Sale nor Jose, i feel as they can compete next yr.

Yeah, if they trade one of their few commodities in Quintana and receive one hell of a return, if every offensive player improves, if every starter improves, and every FA pickup/trade works out, we can compete. Also if KC and Minnesota regress.

What other harsh choices could there be to help us?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 08:10 PM)

"We've been extremely open minded. Everything is on the table and we're looking at everything."

(Makes no moves at trade deadline or even on waiver wire).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 09:20 PM)
"We've been extremely open minded. Everything is on the table and we're looking at everything."

(Makes no moves at trade deadline or even on waiver wire).

(We're looking at everything. We were given several trade offers, but don't worry- we glanced at them.)

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
Quintana should have his bags packed

You could be right but I was thinking Sale, and if they do I sure hope they know what they're doing and get it right. I'm kind of like LDF and would prefer they trade him to the NL. I do like some of the Red Sox players though. I also wonder how much longer Sale can be at his peak. Who knows what they're thinking. They do need to make some big changes in any case.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 1, 2015 -> 10:21 PM)
Too many cooks in the kitchen IMO.

agreed. Probably part of the reason they weren't able to get anything done at the deadline. Too many inputs, not enough incisiveness. KW's comments around the deadline about "running off 10 of 12 and getting back in it" coupled with what Hahn said today are completely contradictory IMO. One guy is talking about everyone and everything is on the table and the other guy things the 25 they got are likely to run off 10 of 12 or some s***.