The pattern

harkness99

QUOTE (harkness @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:49 PM)
This team regresses down the stretch year after year...

A manager and coaching staff that can't win it its own division.

What a horrible and utter failure of an experiment.

The kids better start playing or I will completely tune out. Oh yea, and RV can be fired tomorrow!!

Regarding your post ... I know baseball can't be compared to the real world, but there are gads of White Sox employees behind the scenes involved trying to make a living here ... and failing.

Can you believe the White Sox higher ups were dumb enough to believe this team would be able to vie for a one-game wildcard thus made NO MOVES at the break? In the real world, this is unacceptable and so many people are fired.

For instance ... the projection was totally incorrect. Whether it was Hahn, Kenny, Robin ... unless it was Jerry (which it could have been), heads should roll. The Sox had a lot of bodies that could have been dealt for some valuable pieces. Just the fact they probably could have gotten rid of last winter's acquisitions and failed to pull the trigger on trades is unacceptable. We should right now be like Detroit, starting a rebuild without Melky, LaRoche, Robertson, Duke. Those 4 guys could have been dealt and think of the $$$ it woulda freed to try for better players.

As far as your main point in your post, just as the Ozzie era pretty much had to end, this Robin era has to end. You all get mad at me for repeating myself, but nobody seems to address my comment. How in the hell can we expect to avoid a season-opening sweep against whatever Central Division team we open with next year and how in the hell can we expect to avoid the same pattern of s***tiness (bad performance on road; bad performance in all divisional games, only a so-so performance at home) under Robin and his staff??

The White Sox utter failure the last 2 seasons means the whole coaching staff and most of the front office needs to go. Now will it magically improve the White Sox? Probably not, but we know one thing: The pattern has been set in stone and this regime won't be able to change the discourse. Who is with me: FIRE EVERYBODY (staff and most of the everyday players).

-- p.s. If they hire Dave Martinez or Alomar or Bell, I am going to puke. As far as GM ... Dombrowski was available. Now he's not.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)
Regarding your post ... I know baseball can't be compared to the real world, but there are gads of White Sox employees behind the scenes involved trying to make a living here ... and failing.

Can you believe the White Sox higher ups were dumb enough to believe this team would be able to vie for a one-game wildcard thus made NO MOVES at the break? In the real world, this is unacceptable and so many people are fired.

For instance ... the projection was totally incorrect. Whether it was Hahn, Kenny, Robin ... unless it was Jerry (which it could have been), heads should roll. The Sox had a lot of bodies that could have been dealt for some valuable pieces. Just the fact they probably could have gotten rid of last winter's acquisitions and failed to pull the trigger on trades is unacceptable. We should right now be like Detroit, starting a rebuild without Melky, LaRoche, Robertson, Duke. Those 4 guys could have been dealt and think of the $$$ it woulda freed to try for better players.

As far as your main point in your post, just as the Ozzie era pretty much had to end, this Robin era has to end. You all get mad at me for repeating myself, but nobody seems to address my comment. How in the hell can we expect to avoid a season-opening sweep against whatever Central Division team we open with next year and how in the hell can we expect to avoid the same pattern of s***tiness (bad performance on road; bad performance in all divisional games, only a so-so performance at home) under Robin and his staff??

The White Sox utter failure the last 2 seasons means the whole coaching staff and most of the front office needs to go. Now will it magically improve the White Sox? Probably not, but we know one thing: The pattern has been set in stone and this regime won't be able to change the discourse. Who is with me: FIRE EVERYBODY (staff and most of the everyday players).

Lol, fire the players. I think you've been listening to too much trump

Edited by ron883

Really wanted the team to be .500 this year, thought that would give me some excitement of a wild card race late into the season. But outside of about 6 weeks of nice baseball, man. In some ways I'm very optimistic about this team, but putting it all together just seems so impossible.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 11:18 PM)
Really wanted the team to be .500 this year, thought that would give me some excitement of a wild card race late into the season. But outside of about 6 weeks of nice baseball, man. In some ways I'm very optimistic about this team, but putting it all together just seems so impossible.

Firing Ventura and KW will be a good start. They are Trestman and Emery.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 03:20 AM)
It is what it is. Ventura doesn't even bother managing. Saladino batting first was a telltale sign. Last season he batted f***ing Jordan Danks in the number one spot. Jordan f***ing Danks!

He loves Saladino. That's apparent. Probably because despite his deficiencies he does try to move runners and go the other way.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 04:02 AM)
Man when did half the posts on this board just become complaining?

??? What else can we do? There's really nothing positive to discuss because of the continuing losing ways (patterns as well) of this team. It's a broken record. We could discuss Eaton's second half being good. But his arm is so damn weak. We could discuss Saladino and Sanchez being bright spots, but they've reverted back to being utility player prospects at best. We could discuss Trayce being great. We could discuss Sale's strikeouts I guess.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)

It's been going on for a bit now and I understand losing will do that but I hear where you're coming from. It's just better to turn and walk away rather than get caught up in it. ;)

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 05:23 AM)
This place wouldn't complain so much if we had a good team. Everyone's tired of it.

The only complaining that I think is stupid is the other night Avi hit a home run into the second deck and somebody said, "blind squirrel." I mean complaining after something good is dumb. I mean as much as I hate Melky, when the Sox were hot and he had several multi-hit games I at least credited him for that.

Overall you have to complain because this team blows but I don't like complaints after somebody does something good. Like if Flowers goes 3-4 somebody will say, "Great, now Robin will keep playing him." Stuff like that is just bad.

I'm not crazy about Eaton, either, but I have to give him credit for his average continuing to go up.

This team has a pretty kick ass pitching staff. I don't think people step back enough and take into account how woefully devoid of offensive talent this team is. It's easy to lay blame on a manager (I do too) but sober up and lay blame where it deserves to be: the front office. This offense is HISTORICALLY BAD and that is not an exaggeration. We are watching one of the worst offensive teams in the history of this franchise, one of the oldest franchises in all of baseball.

If the position players were absolute studs on defense then you can scrape and claw your way into winning low scoring games but they're not. They're adequate, at best. If you think Robin Ventura is responsible for the poor offense then make your case. I think he's a player's manager who's laid back but I don't know what you say to an Adam LaRoche to make him hit the ball. I just don't.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 11:02 PM)

Any message board... of any team... in any sport that has 4 bad seasons in a row like this...

You will find complaining/despair.

We can't really change it but we can celebrate success... and lament disappointment

Welcome to the interwebs

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 10:57 PM)

-- p.s. If they hire Dave Martinez or Alomar or Bell, I am going to puke. As far as GM ... Dombrowski was available. Now he's not.

Detroit traded players who had expiring contracts and no compensation picks.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:06 AM)
Detroit traded players who had expiring contracts and no compensation picks.

We kept Shark, who very well may leave us without compensation.

Sure, you'll say we weren't being overwhelmed with offers, the FO thought they were in contention, OR it was bad luck that he wet the bed post deadline; but that's too damn bad. Its their own fault for not trading him, they cannot afford to make ANY mistakes and that is a big one looming.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 11:18 PM)

This is close to how I feel. I really thought the FO filled enough holes without mortgaging the future nicely. It would have been great if our rebuild only took 2 years, which actually looked possible after the offseason the Sox had. We still have some of the best young players in the game so I'm lookong forward to this offseason.

The pattern is more about a soft-tossing lefty being dominant against the Sox. All I heard on the broadcast last night is how they've always had trouble. This has been going on since the Jerry Manuel era. You would think by now, they would have figured it out.

I strongly suggest reading Steve Rosenbloom's column on the Sox today in the Tribune. It is 100% right on the money.

When the executive VP says publicly he can't figure out what's wrong with the team while the G.M. is saying publicly that everyone is open minded in what needs to be changed you've got a serious disconnect...to say nothing of the disconnect between the organization and the fan base.

Really good reading.

The reality of course is that as long as JR owns the franchise there will not be much substantial change certainly not bringing in skilled people from outside "the family."

Which means more losing, more irrelevancy in their own market and more fan apathy.

Also one of the other Sox writers for Chicago Now has an interesting column on why Kenny Williams needs to go at the Tribune web site.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1