9/4 at KC Royals

flavum

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)
I'm guessing KC will win 10-3.

Our only chance is a win in Game Two of the series. Game One: 10-3 sounds about right. KC stills feel the need to prove they can solve Danks. Two wins in a row over Danks would be something they can play for.

Game Three, sorry the way our season has gone it's a ridiculous decision to pitch EJ on Sunday against a first-place team that owns the Sox. I'm afraid EJ wilts in the KC heat and Sox lose game three probably 7-0 or 7-1.

Game Two: I'd assume KC will win but it's possible the Sox win one just cause they haven't won in Kauffman all season. I'd say KC 8-4, something sloppy, to complete the season sweep in Kauffman.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 05:11 AM)
greg next year just stfu before any royals games... that would be greatly appreciated.

I can't take it when we get owned like this. I've turned down free tickets now in the beautiful middle level to 3 different Sox games cause I can't take the awful play vs. KC.

Medlen's been on a roll recently and is putting himself firmly in the conversation for the 4th spot in a playoff rotation.

Right now, it's Cueto, Ventura or Volquez (based on recent starts and last post-season, Ventura), Duffy and Medlen battling for the final spot.

Duffy would also be very helpful to give them two lefties out of the pen for the playoffs.

Good dilemma to have for KC. A couple of months ago, those names would have been Chris Young, Guthrie, Vargas and Blanton at the back end.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 12:52 AM)
I can't take it when we get owned like this. I've turned down free tickets now in the beautiful middle level to 3 different Sox games cause I can't take the awful play vs. KC.

I remember going to games there and feeling sorry/pity for the Royals. I was at that game when Miguel Asencio threw 16 consecutive balls to walk in a run.

Now we have to feel sorry for the White Sox organization.

To those of us who have lived and died with this franchise for the last 30 years, this is all very confusing — almost as confusing as rooting for a team that’s resting its regulars for the playoffs with five weeks left in the season. That the Royals are the anything of baseball is disorienting enough. For a generation, the Royals were props, redshirts existing only as plot devices. That they are now central characters in baseball’s drama is heady enough; that they are regarded as villains is icing on the cake. Your favorite team can inspire worse emotions than hatred. Pity, for instance.

The irony is probably the only contact for most of the US this year with the White Sox (other than Chris Sale K's) has been Eazy-E incorrectly wearing an early 90's White Sox cap 3-4 years before it was even introduced.

In that sense, I guess it's not a surprise. Whether it's Shoeless Joe Jackson's denial or C caps with "Piglet" tails that get confused with the Cleveland Indians, it has been a LONG LONG three years in the wilderness, and the likelihood of beating KC, Minnesota or Cleveland before 2018 is about the same as Kim Jong Eun being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for using an anti-aircraft missile battery to execute one of his top military advisors.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 01:52 AM)

Liar. You're such a closet Royals fan otherwise you wouldn't talk so much and so highly of them.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
Liar. You're such a closet Royals fan otherwise you wouldn't talk so much and so highly of them.

Then why the hell am I turning down going to the Sox-KC games for FREE three times this season? It'd be a guaranteed win for KC if I liked them. I despise the Royals.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 04:37 PM)
Greg I'm surprised you don't put $1,000+ moneyline on the Royals every time they play the Sox.

I don't have a bookie. You are right though. To those who doubt my powers of prediction, I again got my lock of the week correct. I said take Minnesota and the points vs. TCU. WINNER!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 11:58 PM)
With how the Royals' offense has looked the last week or so, close game isn't coming to mind right now.

It's probably destiny Sox lose every game in Kauffman this season. That's pretty pathetic when you think about it. Games One and Three easy Royals wins. Game Two 'might' be the only one Sox steal. Doubt it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 01:31 AM)
I remember going to games there and feeling sorry/pity for the Royals. I was at that game when Miguel Asencio threw 16 consecutive balls to walk in a run.

Now we have to feel sorry for the White Sox organization.

To those of us who have lived and died with this franchise for the last 30 years, this is all very confusing — almost as confusing as rooting for a team that’s resting its regulars for the playoffs with five weeks left in the season. That the Royals are the anything of baseball is disorienting enough. For a generation, the Royals were props, redshirts existing only as plot devices. That they are now central characters in baseball’s drama is heady enough; that they are regarded as villains is icing on the cake. Your favorite team can inspire worse emotions than hatred. Pity, for instance.

The irony is probably the only contact for most of the US this year with the White Sox (other than Chris Sale K's) has been Eazy-E incorrectly wearing an early 90's White Sox cap 3-4 years before it was even introduced.

In that sense, I guess it's not a surprise. Whether it's Shoeless Joe Jackson's denial or C caps with "Piglet" tails that get confused with the Cleveland Indians, it has been a LONG LONG three years in the wilderness, and the likelihood of beating KC, Minnesota or Cleveland before 2018 is about the same as Kim Jong Eun being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for using an anti-aircraft missile battery to execute one of his top military advisors.

So like after 20+ years the Royals are playing winning baseball. I don't get the placing of that organization on a pedestal.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 06:19 PM)
Even with a six run lead I wouldn't count out KC. They've had a a few hard hit outs the first time around

Have to get more off Medlen before he reaches his pitch count. KC didn't look in any hurry to pull him. He migh have to eat it and save the pen for the other games. KC basically conceding this one unless their bats heat up .