Interviews: Carson Fulmer, Spencer Adams, Brian Clark...

NorthSideSox72

Another week, another live visit. This time Rob Young was in Winston-Salem to see the playoff-bound Dash. He managed to get exclusive interviews with Carson Fulmer, Spencer Adams, Brian Clark, Matt Cooper, JR Perdew (pitching coach) and Eddy Alvarez.

Read them all here.

What are your impressions on these guys, after reading what they have to say?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 05:03 PM)
Another week, another live visit. This time Rob Young was in Winston-Salem to see the playoff-bound Dash. He managed to get exclusive interviews with Carson Fulmer, Spencer Adams, Brian Clark, Matt Cooper, JR Perdew (pitching coach) and Eddy Alvarez.

Read them all here.

fulmer ---- very good responses.... a real player who take his craft serious. his fastball, 2-4 seam, breaking ball and change-up. very astute.

adams ---- that is my guy.... he comes across as humble.

clark ---- sounds as he feels he is a lucky dude.

cooper, ---- can't get a feel for him. maybe it is me.

perdew ---- i like him, 20 yrs.... i got to read up on him,

alvarez ---- still down to earth and not getting a swell head.

excellent article i learned something and go a good feeling of this group.

Great read, seems like all the guys have good attitudes, great to see out of Adams especially at such a young age. I know our minor league staff constantly gets s*** on for not developing position players but I feel they don't get enough praise for the work they've done with pitchers, and it seems like Perdew has been a big part of that.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)

Read them all here.

I rarely post (obviously), but would like to let you know how much your hard work is appreciated.

That said...Fulmer was drafted 8th overall. And his name is Dansby Swanson.

I only mention this so it can be corrected and some numbnuts won't discount your efforts over minute details.

Edited by Blackout Friday

Thanks again for these updates. I'm an Adams guy ever since we drafted him so it's really nice to see him continue to improve. I think he's gonna be a good starter for us in another 2 yrs. It's also encouraging to hear how others view Fulmer, he sounds like he might be better than what I thought and has a really good attitude.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 10:21 PM)
I rarely post (obviously), but would like to let you know how much your hard work is appreciated.

That said...Fulmer was drafted 8th overall. And his name is Dansby Swanson.

I only mention this so it can be corrected and some numbnuts won't discount your efforts over minute details.

Thanks - looks like these updates were made the day you posted this. And we do want to hear it if we make a mistake!

Thanks all for the kind words! The whole experience was a pleasure, these guys were all class and very enjoyable to talk to.

Also, as a follow-up on what Spencer Adams said about his delivery, ESPN's Keith Law noted when he scouted Adams recently that he is now pitching from the third base side of the pitching rubber as opposed to the first base side like he did in high school. Law says that is better for his deception but worse for his arm, as he is coming across his body more and "cutting himself off." Concerning, but sounds like J.R. Perdew and Spencer are aware of it and it is something they are working on.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
Thanks all for the kind words! The whole experience was a pleasure, these guys were all class and very enjoyable to talk to.

Also, as a follow-up on what Spencer Adams said about his delivery, ESPN's Keith Law noted when he scouted Adams recently that he is now pitching from the third base side of the pitching rubber as opposed to the first base side like he did in high school. Law says that is better for his deception but worse for his arm, as he is coming across his body more and "cutting himself off." Concerning, but sounds like J.R. Perdew and Spencer are aware of it and it is something they are working on.

FWIW, this is the exact same thing the Sox did with Chris Sale and his slider.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
FWIW, this is the exact same thing the Sox did with Chris Sale and his slider.

Funny you mention Chris Sale and his slider, because Keith Law called Adam's slider "below-average." Which I think is what he thought of Sale's slider early in his career.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)

For the record, Adams was Keith Law's #94 prospect coming into the season. Law said that Adams had "Good control of ordinary stuff". Said he was 87-91 of mostly two-seamers. He had a fringy change up and below average slider. Law mentioned that there is still potential but it's a step backward from where he was before.