Your Offseason Wishlist

hi8is

If the reports that JR isn't ready to approve a sell off and he's willing to open the budget to back it up... without any restrictions, for s***s and giggles... post your Offseason wish list.

1.) Cespedes

2.) Trumbo

3.) Castro

4.) Mark Melancon

5.) Jeremy Hellickson

6.) Steve Pearce

7.) Brett Cecil

Lineup

RF - Eaton ( l )

DH - Melky ( s )

1B - Abreu ( r )

CF - Cespedes ( r )

3B - Frazier ( l )

LF - Trumbo ( r )

C - Castro ( l )

2B - Lawrie ( r )

SS - Anderson ( r )

Starting 5

Sale

Quintana

Rodon

Gonzalez

Hellickson

Bullpen

Closer - Melancon

Setup - Robertson

Setup II - Jones

RH I - Putnam

LH I - Jennings

LH II - Cecil

Long Man / Spot Starter - Shields

Bench

Pearce - Utility

Saladino - Utility

Tilson - Utility

Navarez - Backup Catcher

Estimated Total 2017 Payroll: 175 Million

Edited by hi8is

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 26, 2016 -> 11:28 PM)
I have a ridiculously comprehensive offseason plan I put together over at SouthSideSox. I'm not sure if I want to post it in this thread, or make my own thread to encourage others to give a 1000 word plan or however many words I wrote.

What's the link, look forward to reading it.

This thread was opened to work without the assumption of a reasonable budget. 😆

Hi8s, your team would be SO bad at defensively, it'd be hard to watch. Mleky is probably a better defender than Trumbo. Actually, I am pretty certain he is...at least Melky has a cannon.

If the Sox go for it, it'll be in their typical fashion. Sign a couple stop gap players at CF and C, maybe a bullpen arm or two. Maybe do that in conjunction with a Sale trade and then sign a stop gap SP as well.

I'll go with Carlos Gomez and Jason Castro.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Please no to Jason Castro. There are better options out there. Give me Hundley or Kurt Suzuki (assuming Ramos/Wieters are gone)

For realz?

I'm no Jason Castro apologist, but Suzuki sucks. I know who Nick Hundly is, but I've never thought much of him. Don't know how is defense is. I guess I'd be OK with that move if we're not going for it at all, but Kurt Suzuki is bad at baseball.

Edited by ChiSox59

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 09:44 AM)
Please no to Jason Castro. There are better options out there. Give me Hundley or Kurt Suzuki (assuming Ramos/Wieters are gone)

He's a good candidate to handle our young pitchers. He's not going to fix our offense.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)
My wish list is for them to not give away any draft picks.

Which also means sell...if they're not going to sign any FA's with comp picks attached then there's no point in keeping this 70 win team together for another run at 4th place.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 10:39 AM)
I want a full scale rebuild, but I have a feeling Sox will trade Hansen and Fulmer this off season

The Sox haven't traded their TOP prospects for years. It won't happen this year either. With the fall that Hansen had, there is zero chance he get dealt. I could see a chance at Fulmer getting dealt, but what that means is the Sox saw something in him they didn't like.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 01:55 AM)
What's the link, look forward to reading it.

This thread was opened to work without the assumption of a reasonable budget. 😆

http://www.southsidesox.com/2016/10/26/134...eason-plan-2016

Like I said, I'll probably make that in to a thread once I figure out the payroll, WAR increases per position, and maybe fine tune the contracts offered a bit.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
Which also means sell...if they're not going to sign any FA's with comp picks attached then there's no point in keeping this 70 win team together for another run at 4th place.

Exactly. Some form of rebuild is only option. They aren't going to give up a pick to sign free agent. They shouldn't because the class sucks. They don't have prospects that they can afford to deal. They have a mid-market payroll. The only thing that makes sense is trading off assets. And I think that's what will happen.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 11:19 AM)
http://www.southsidesox.com/2016/10/26/134...eason-plan-2016

Like I said, I'll probably make that in to a thread once I figure out the payroll, WAR increases per position, and maybe fine tune the contracts offered a bit.

That isn't close to enough for AJ Pollock and I doubt Arizona will trade him.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 11:26 AM)
That isn't close to enough for AJ Pollock and I doubt Arizona will trade him.

The only reason I feel it may take more than that for Pollock is because the Dbacks have no pressing need to trade him. He only has 2 years left, and his last year will be very expensive, but I think there is a decent chance they will keep him if they aren't overpaid for him. One of those things I may adjust to either add a prospect, or improve a prospect. I was thinking of adding Zangari, partly because of the Goldschmidt-ceiling comps he's gotten anyway.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)
The only reason I feel it may take more than that for Pollock is because the Dbacks have no pressing need to trade him. He only has 2 years left, and his last year will be very expensive, but I think there is a decent chance they will keep him if they aren't overpaid for him. One of those things I may adjust to either add a prospect, or improve a prospect. I was thinking of adding Zangari, partly because of the Goldschmidt-ceiling comps he's gotten anyway.

I don't think Sox have the prospects to get Pollock unless they wanted Rodon honestly. And then the Sox wouldn't be able to pay him. He was a 6.5 WAR player in 2015 with a wRC+ of 131. One of the best players in baseball.

Edited by Y2JImmy0

All I want is for the love of god to pick a side. Either blow the WHOLE thing up or crack open the piggy bank. No more scrap heap lottery tickets.

But saying all that, I don't really trust this organization to do either path correctly so it's going to take a miracle for this team to not be a garbage fire until there is a new owner.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 01:47 PM)
You guys are missing the point of this thread. Live in fantasy land where JR is a billionaire and gives Rick an open budget. For s***s and giggles make the team you'd want.

I get it but there isn't even enough free agent talent out there this year to make this team a favorite to win it all.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 11:05 AM)
All I want is for the love of god to pick a side. Either blow the WHOLE thing up or crack open the piggy bank. No more scrap heap lottery tickets.

But saying all that, I don't really trust this organization to do either path correctly so it's going to take a miracle for this team to not be a garbage fire until there is a new owner.

Agreed.

Mark

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 27, 2016 -> 01:47 PM)
You guys are missing the point of this thread. Live in fantasy land where JR is a billionaire and gives Rick an open budget. For s***s and giggles make the team you'd want.

Cespedes and Encarnacion.

RF Eaton

LF Melky

1B Abreu

DH Encarnacion

CF Cespedes

3B Frazier

SS Anderson

2B Lawrie

C Avila