> White Sox org big board - best guesses
CWSpalehoseCWS
post Feb 12, 2018 -> 10:30 PM
Post #16

Charlotte (AAA)

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,009

Couple things I'd like to add:

Yermin Mercedes was a rule-5 in the Triple-A phase. Pretty sure he has to stay in Charlotte or be sent back to the Orioles.

I can't see Michalczewski or Adams making the jump to Charlotte. They had less than impressive years and still have things to work on. Sox would be doing them a disservice if they promoted them to begin the year, IMO.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago White So...
post Feb 12, 2018 -> 10:40 PM
Post #17

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 7,424

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Feb 12, 2018 -> 10:30 PM) *
Couple things I'd like to add:

Yermin Mercedes was a rule-5 in the Triple-A phase. Pretty sure he has to stay in Charlotte or be sent back to the Orioles.

I can't see Michalczewski or Adams making the jump to Charlotte. They had less than impressive years and still have things to work on. Sox would be doing them a disservice if they promoted them to begin the year, IMO.

I donít think the minor league portion of the Rule 5 draft works like that. I believe the Sox can start Mercedes at whatever level they like.

+Quote Post
NorthSideSox72
post Feb 13, 2018 -> 11:29 AM
Post #18

I drank what?

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,880

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 12, 2018 -> 06:38 PM) *
I really think Curbelo opens the season with Kannapolis.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Feb 12, 2018 -> 08:12 PM) *
Seconded

That's a tough call. I like Curbelo a lot as a prospect, certainly more than say Laz Rivera or Tate Blackman. But decisions in a rebuild like this, and the way Getz seems to do things, are about the right developmental spot and not rushing. Curbelo just turned 20 and has a grand total of 48 pro games, almost all of it in the AZL. He's a prep pick. I really think they will slow-move him through Ext ST, Great Falls, then Kanny later in the year maybe. Then accelerate more in 2019 from there if it goes well.

+Quote Post
soxfan2014
post Feb 13, 2018 -> 11:59 AM
Post #19

Hall of Famer

Member No.: 9,338

QUOTE (mac9001 @ Feb 12, 2018 -> 06:10 PM) *
I would imagine Ryan Cordell would need to really impress to the break camp with the team. Since he missed a big chunk of last year I figure he'll need to show at least 100 quality PAs to justify getting the a roster spot.

With the roster flexibility Leury, Saladino, Sanchez, Delmonico & Davidson provide I wonder if the Sox would consider carrying 8 bullpen arms. In that case I would assume Cordell is the most likely to start in Charlotte.

Anyone have any hope Engel will hit enough to justify a big league job?

Consider? This was the case all of last season.

+Quote Post
mac9001
post Feb 13, 2018 -> 07:30 PM
Post #20

September Call Up

Member No.: 116

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 13, 2018 -> 12:59 PM) *
Consider? This was the case all of last season.

I actually meant to say 9 bullpen arms. With the flexibility Leury, Saladino & Sanchez provide I would consider putting a hard cap of 6 innings per start on the young arms and just trot out a new bullpen arm every inning.

+Quote Post
oldsox
post Feb 13, 2018 -> 08:18 PM
Post #21

Starter

Member No.: 7,747

QUOTE (mac9001 @ Feb 12, 2018 -> 07:10 PM) *
I would imagine Ryan Cordell would need to really impress to the break camp with the team. Since he missed a big chunk of last year I figure he'll need to show at least 100 quality PAs to justify getting the a roster spot.

With the roster flexibility Leury, Saladino, Sanchez, Delmonico & Davidson provide I wonder if the Sox would consider carrying 8 bullpen arms. In that case I would assume Cordell is the most likely to start in Charlotte.

Anyone have any hope Engel will hit enough to justify a big league job?

Nope.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th February 2018 - 07:48 AM