2016 Fantasy Football Thread

SnB

It's that time of year.

I have a question for y'all. So I'm in a keeper league that's been around for years and we can trade draft picks. Last year, I traded my 2016 3rd rd pick for Alshon. While it didn't work out, I still made it to the championship. In this league, you can pick your draft pick slot based on how you finished last year, so I have a decision to make:

Do I:

Go Early1/Late2/Late 4 or do I go Late1/Early2/Early4? My brain tells me to go w/ the late 1st round pick and hedge my bets against a bust, but my heart tells me to go #1, get AB and hope for the best.

Thoughts?

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

SoI've entered myself into a 75 dollar league at work. Most I've ever spent on a league and ironically this year is the least I've been prepared.

It's a PPR and a point(.5) per completion league, which I'm new to.

So my question to you guys is who are some undervalued QBs in an offense that is gonna be throwing the ball a ton. When would you try to grab a QB in this type of league?

14 teams......

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 28, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
We had a vote and it was 8-4 to add 4 more players.

We do it on Yahoo but I can't do a 16 team mock there. So I went to ESPN and their rankings are totally different.

Hate this.

I'd leave the league. 16 teams with 2 QBs is dumb.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 28, 2016 -> 11:00 AM)
I'd leave the league. 16 teams with 2 QBs is dumb.

Only 1 QB. If it sucks, I'll drop out next year. Didn't want to leave them with odd teams this year.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 28, 2016 -> 12:17 PM)
Never heard of anything more than 12 teams in a league. How many playoff teams? 6?

My main draft is Sunday. My keepers are:

Odell Beckham: 4th round

Mike Evans: 5th round

Jeremy Langford: 6th round

Kelvin Benjamin: 11th round

The amount of receivers that got kept in my league is just insane which should make for an interesting draft.

I had a truly terrible draft in this keeper league that i can never get ahead in. I've never placed above 6th.

This draft from the beginning was bad but I need basically a lot of luck with injuries this year to have a chance.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Aug 28, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)
Man, I'm so tempted to go WR/RB heavy early and then take Prescott later. But that is so risky. Ahhhh.

That's what I did. Waited on QB, DEF, and TE. Ended up with a combo of Rivers/Bortles at QB, Rams, and rolled the dice on Cook at TE with GB. Extremely deep at RB/WR though.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
SoI've entered myself into a 75 dollar league at work. Most I've ever spent on a league and ironically this year is the least I've been prepared.

It's a PPR and a point(.5) per completion league, which I'm new to.

So my question to you guys is who are some undervalued QBs in an offense that is gonna be throwing the ball a ton. When would you try to grab a QB in this type of league?

14 teams......

Matthew Stafford

You can get him in the late rounds and from week 10 on last season he was about the 4th best QB in terms of fantasy. This season, he has a very favorable QB schedule and plays 13 of his 16 games inside a dome where he plays better. They are also likely to be one of the top passing teams in the league.

QUOTE (SnB @ Aug 17, 2016 -> 04:07 PM)
It's that time of year.

I have a question for y'all. So I'm in a keeper league that's been around for years and we can trade draft picks. Last year, I traded my 2016 3rd rd pick for Alshon. While it didn't work out, I still made it to the championship. In this league, you can pick your draft pick slot based on how you finished last year, so I have a decision to make:

Do I:

Go Early1/Late2/Late 4 or do I go Late1/Early2/Early4? My brain tells me to go w/ the late 1st round pick and hedge my bets against a bust, but my heart tells me to go #1, get AB and hope for the best.

Thoughts?

There is no bust factor for Antonio Brown outside of an injury, and history shows hes quite durable. If you have a chance to get the consensus #1 fantasy player, you have to do it.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Aug 29, 2016 -> 12:24 AM)
Man, I'm so tempted to go WR/RB heavy early and then take Prescott later. But that is so risky. Ahhhh.

There's no reason to take Prescott at all, you can get better QBs than him waiting just as long. Stafford, Winston, Cousins are all guys that could finish in the top 8 for QB and you can take them round 10 or later.

10 team league. 2 QBs. Point per completion. PPR.

QB Ben Roethlisberger

QB Derek Carr

RB David Johnson

RB Ezekiel Elliot

WR T.Y Hilton

WR Michael Floyd

TE Dwayne Allen

FLEX Matt Forte

DEF Broncos

K Cairo Santos

Bench

WR Josh Gordon

WR Kevin White

RB Melvin Gordon

QB Dak Prescott

TE Jordan Cameron

DEF Rams

Thoughts?

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 2, 2016 -> 08:52 AM)
Matthew Stafford

You can get him in the late rounds and from week 10 on last season he was about the 4th best QB in terms of fantasy. This season, he has a very favorable QB schedule and plays 13 of his 16 games inside a dome where he plays better. They are also likely to be one of the top passing teams in the league.

Except he has no Calvin Johnson. Stafford throws a deep ball, but not very accurately. Calvin made up for a ton of that.

Wrapped up the 14 team PPR/Point Per Completion draft last night (6 hours BTW).

QB- Eli

WR- Decker

WR- Lockett (Return points too)

WR- Sanu

RB- D. Johnson

RB- Shady

TE- Ertz

Flex- Woodhead

Bench- Josh Gordon, Starks, McKinnon, Lafell, Winston.

I typically don't like going with 2 QBs but Winston was available in the last round of a 14 team draft so I couldn't pass....This league im in has been going on for 5 years I guess and they were all talking about how there are a lot of trades every year so I had that in mind with the Winston move. One injury and he could be extremely valuable.

Praying Josh Gordon keeps his s*** together. If he doesn't then my WR corp might be my downfall.

Thoughts?

Haha I grabbed Josh Gordon too. I hate my team though. 10 team league, PPR. I picked last as well. :unsure:

QB - Aaron Rodgers

WR - A.J. Green

WR - Julian Edelman

WR - Allen Hurns

RB - Devonta Freeman

RB - DeAngelo Williams

TE - Rob Gronkowski

W/R/T - Matt Forte

K - Justin Tucker

DEF - Cincinnati

Bench

RB - Jeremy Hill

RB - Derrick Henry

RB - T.J. Yeldon

WR - Josh Gordon

WR - Stefon Diggs

TE - Dwayne Allen

When Le'Veon Bell comes back, I'm screwed. I hope Hill bounces back.

Main league, we got rid of kickers fyi:

Roethlisberger(hate my team solely cause I drafted this asshole)

Forte

Langford

Beckham jr

Mike Evans

Gronk

Kelvin Benjamin

Seahawks d

Bench: Melvin Gordon, Allen Hurns, TJ Yeldon, Jordan Howard, Treadwell, Bortles, Martellus Bennett, Dorial Green Beckham.