Madden NFL 06

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)
I heard it was going to suck this year too. EA sports has really started to drop on my list of favorite sports game makers No MVP 06 and this year madden is going to suck thank god NCAA 06 is good.

Its not like they went out and said, eh...lets not make an MVP baseball next year. Some other company bought the rights so they cant. They are making NCAA baseball and that should make up for it IMO.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
it doesn't look all that great, but then again, i know i'll buy it anyway.

I'm at least buying it and than returning it. I bought NCAA at Best Buy for the free cokes and free reserve of Madden. That way at the very least I can return Madden and end up saving 5 bucks cause they discounted NCAA to 44.99.

it seriously doesn't even look like EA tried this year w/ madden. The trailer thats on NCAA, all it has is that qb vision thing, which doesn't seem liek something i'd buy a game over.

Maybe i'll read more about it, but right now, i'm not impressed

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 11:12 AM)
That is what I am worried about in the upcoming years with sports games. EA bought the rights to the NFL, Sega bought the rights to MLB, so now why do these games even have to make any huge changes when there is nothing else competing?? Not good.

yeup, that's the first thing i thougth of when i heard of the monopoly

The QB vision looks like its a pain in the ass really. You gotta set your vision on somone before you throw it to them. You barely have enough time to throw it to them already. Ill try it out, but hopefully there is a way to turn it off if i dont like it. Im excited about superstar mode the most though. Ill load my guy from NCAA and do his entire carreer. :)

For the past 3 years i've owned NCAA and Madden. Each year, my Madden playing has gone down. Last year, i played Madden exactly one time. Luckily, i was able to sell it to a friend later. This year, i'm not buying it. For one, i just have more fun playing NCAA. I also haven't been that impressed with Madden, and from what i'm hearing/reading, this one is going to be subpar.

Another problem i ran into was that the gameplay of the two games were so much different. It would take me a few games to get back into "madden mode" or "ncaa mode", depending on which one i had just played. Kind of a pain in the ass, especially if you are playing head to head against people and it takes you a little while to adjust again.

I like focusing on one game...that's just me.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 02:12 AM)
For the past 3 years i've owned NCAA and Madden. Each year, my Madden playing has gone down. Last year, i played Madden exactly one time. Luckily, i was able to sell it to a friend later. This year, i'm not buying it. For one, i just have more fun playing NCAA. I also haven't been that impressed with Madden, and from what i'm hearing/reading, this one is going to be subpar.

Another problem i ran into was that the gameplay of the two games were so much different. It would take me a few games to get back into "madden mode" or "ncaa mode", depending on which one i had just played. Kind of a pain in the ass, especially if you are playing head to head against people and it takes you a little while to adjust again.

I like focusing on one game...that's just me.

In most games you can swicth the controls around to your liking.