Ozzie

daa84

Anyone just hear ozzie call in to the mike North Show? They just got into a screaming match for about a minute over ozzies decision to play Toby hall...ozzie swore like 3 times and mike north asked him to keep it clean, and they screamed at each other for a good minute. I dont know another manager that would do it. Im sure everyone is gonna say hes classless, but i found it funny especially cuz it was on North

part of me almost thinks the whole thing was staged, but i doubt it

Edited by daa84

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(daa84 @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:42 AM)
Anyone just hear ozzie call in to the mike North Show? They just got into a screaming match for about a minute over ozzies decision to play Toby hall...ozzie swore like 3 times and mike north asked him to keep it clean, and they screamed at each other for a good minute. I dont know another manager that would do it. Im sure everyone is gonna say hes classless, but i found it funny especially cuz it was on North

part of me almost thinks the whole thing was staged, but i doubt it

North has a stupid arguement, it's not like Hall can possibly be worse than our other catcher not named AJ. Besides, Hall playing in the majors or minors makes no difference to his injury...if it's going to flare back up, it will be in AAA as easly as in ML...besides, he's been hitting, more than I can say for our other backup...:D

If you're going to play a catcher who can't throw, there's probably no better guy to have on the mound than Buehrle. He either picks guys off or they get a HUGE jump against him. I'm not one to defend Ozzie, but if this was legit, then I have no problem with him going off on Mike North.

i should clarify....north did have AJ on the show and AJ said he wanted to play, but was pretty cordial about saying that ozzie makes out the lineup....to be honest i didnt think north said anything that really deserved ozzie calling in and throwing a fit, but it was funny nonetheless

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:49 AM)
If you're going to play a catcher who can't throw, there's probably no better guy to have on the mound than Buehrle. He either picks guys off or they get a HUGE jump against him. I'm not one to defend Ozzie, but if this was legit, then I have no problem with him going off on Mike North.

Hall also could catch for Contreras, because Johnny Bench in his prime couldn't gun down any runners when he's pitching. After seeing Hall throw 2 weeks ago, its amazing to me he's playing at all. He really couldn't throw Konerko out on a pitchout back then. He must have improved greatly.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ May 18, 2007 -> 08:46 AM)
North has a stupid arguement, it's not like Hall can possibly be worse than our other catcher not named AJ. Besides, Hall playing in the majors or minors makes no difference to his injury...if it's going to flare back up, it will be in AAA as easly as in ML...besides, he's been hitting, more than I can say for our other backup...:D

Add to that the fact that if it flares up again, he's for the season anyway. This was a shot in the dark and hope for the best type scenario. And it's one that might not work. But that was known going in.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:51 AM)
Too bad Ozzie swore like 5 times, what an idiot

Get Sirius and you won't miss a word of it!

As for playing Toby, I think its a good move. Why not find out where he is at. Toby Hall won't be the reason we beat the Cubs, the Cubs will be the reason we beat the Cubs.

Break out the Brooms. :sweep: Lilly? Dead! Marquis? Dead! Zambrano? Dead!

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:10 AM)
I just don't understand why the White Sox let the media bother them so much. What did Ozzie think he would accomplish by calling in and arguing on the air?

Diverting attention away from everyone pounding on the offense and Greg Walker?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:18 PM)
Diverting attention away from everyone pounding on the offense and Greg Walker?

Seems like a peculiar time to pick an argument though, as everyone in the media the last two days were saying that the Sox are playing good, and the Cubs are a disaster. I have no problem that Ozzie did this....we all know he's immature and unprofessional in how he handles things in the media. Besides for sticking up for his decision to play Hall though, I don't think there were a lot of other reasons going on for him to do this.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:28 AM)
Ozzie don't take no crap. North is crap.

Maybe he is, but he's the main guy on the White Sox flagship, and does have a good relationship with JR. Sometimes its just better to keep your mouth shut, or if you have a problem with him, call him when he's not on the air. Its not surprising Ozzie is a big fan of the Jerry Springer Show.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:33 AM)
Maybe he is, but he's the main guy on the White Sox flagship, and does have a good relationship with JR. Sometimes its just better to keep your mouth shut, or if you have a problem with him, call him when he's not on the air. Its not surprising Ozzie is a big fan of the Jerry Springer Show.

I like having a manager that speaks his mind, even if it's not politically correct. We have a enough politically correct fake people running around out there, having Ozzie is refreshing.

:P

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:12 AM)
They just replayed this with Boers & Bernstein on... North shouldn't be yelling the word "damn" while complaining about Ozzie swearing...

North was ranting and raving about this since early this morning. He was b****ing at Hawk about it when he had him on too...

He was using the word "damn" to sound like a hardass with Guillen. Meanwhile, he was the one making something out of nothing with this issue. North is a douchebag. It amazes me that A) people take this assbag seriously or B) anyone actually likes him and thinks he has intelligent thoughts.

Ozzie is immature with the press, but someone needs to put hot dog man in his place once in a while and remind him of the good-for-nothing, pissant he really is...

//steps off soapbox

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:33 AM)

I didn't hear it, but it still sounds like Schtick to me.