Where's DLS?

fathom

He found out that a White Sox pitching spect is not meant to have as good stuff as he does, so he decided to march out of Kanny and join one of the Minnesota Twins affilates...........

No seriously, I hope nothing is wrong with him. Maybe they've just decided enough is enough for him this season, and they don't want him to log anymore innings?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 26, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
He found out that a White Sox pitching spect is not meant to have as good stuff as he does, so he decided to march out of Kanny and join one of the Minnesota Twins affilates...........

No seriously, I hope nothing is wrong with him. Maybe they've just decided enough is enough for him this season, and they don't want him to log anymore innings?

He's pitched 91.2 innings, so it's certaintly possible. I'd hate to think of the possibility he's injured.

From the perspective of his development, DLS probably won't be up until 2009 at the earliest. There's no need to rush him. He could easily rest, or perhaps pitch limited innings out of the bullpen for Kannapolis; then next season from A+ and AA reach a total of 150 of so innings. Everything goes well he could easily begin 2009 on the opening day roster. This, of course, is assuming no major injuries occur and his development continues uninterrupted. Which is a lot to ask of any White Sox prospect......

Unless he really is on the Twins. Then he'll be a stud by next season.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Considering it's his first year in the States and they haven't promoted him yet, it's reasonable to think they are just taking it easy with him. He did start the year as a reliever. It's possible they originally planned for him to be in relief for the I's until rookie ball started and then make him a starter for Great Falls. It's been done before, but not with high profile guys. He is almost at twice of what he threw in the DSL last year so it's possible they want to shut him down or he is going through a dead arm period or something.

Hey guys I e-mailed one of the contacts for Kanny from their website and asked what the status of DLS was since we haven't seen him in a while. Here is the reply I received early this morning.

Fautino pulled a muscle in his lower back in his last start against Charleston. He missed one start, but is not on the DL. They are trying to work him back into the rotation after the off day Sunday, but there is no timetable right now on his return.

Matt Dagostino

Broadcaster/Media Relations Director, Kannapolis Intimidators

mdagostino@intimidatorsbasball.com

Direct Line/Press Box: (704) 932-9241

Office: (704) 932-3267

Cell: (770) 324-1358

Good to hear it isn't anything too seroius. Also, great to have people in the Minors who reply so quickly.