2008 MLB Catch-All Thread

knightni

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Aug 21, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
Can't believe in less than 2 years, the Rangers gave up Volquez, Danks, and Armando Gallaraga. A few years before that they gave up Chris Young.

They didn't necessarily give up on Volquez- they just had much more faith in Hamilton.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

since when did Grant Balfour become disgustingly good? The dude has bounced around the majors for quite a few years now and he's just been an absolute monster this year. He's always had pretty good stuff, but I didn't think it was ever this good, and those numbers remind me of LaTroy Hawkins.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 04:58 PM)
since when did Grant Balfour become disgustingly good? The dude has bounced around the majors for quite a few years now and he's just been an absolute monster this year. He's always had pretty good stuff, but I didn't think it was ever this good, and those numbers remind me of LaTroy Hawkins.

Him and Geovany Soto have the same "doctor". Let's put it that way.

Colorado beats Cincinnati 4-3 in 12 innings. This despite having 34 individual baserunners stranded and 18 LOB as a team (not sure I've seen numbers like those before). The Rockies had zero RBI's in the game, only to see their first come on a home run by Omar Quintanilla, who had 1 home run in 426 career at bats coming into today. Baseball is a great game.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 02:58 PM)

He was always highly touted (well for a relief prospect) and just had some struggles acclimating at the major league level. I'm not at all surprised by his successes. The main thing is that his command has improved a bit.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Boras strikes again. I can't say that I am surprised, but all this drama over $200,000 out of a $6 million contract.

The time lost this season will hurt him a lot with the Pirates' FO, and the fans will take a while to warm up to such tactics, as they've been bad for so long in PITT, they can get used to almost anything happening now to their team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 27, 2008 -> 01:58 PM)
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...sp&c_id=mlb

Boras strikes again. I can't say that I am surprised, but all this drama over $200,000 out of a $6 million contract.

The time lost this season will hurt him a lot with the Pirates' FO, and the fans will take a while to warm up to such tactics, as they've been bad for so long in PITT, they can get used to almost anything happening now to their team.

I thought it was worthy of it's own thread, but yeah, Boras is a complete dick.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 09:51 AM)
So apparantly the Indians have won 10 straight and are currently in 3rd place... wow, the rebuilding effect is already showing positive signs....

This makes me scared for the future, but I love that the Tigers are buried so low now . . . Shuts all those Tigers fans up.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2008 -> 01:50 AM)
Aaron Cunningham is coming up for the A's

Wow, that has the chance to be one of the worst trades of the KW era. I had no idea Cunningham was dominating AAA like he had been.

Edited by fathom