Mike North: He gone!

http://www.northtonorth.com

"Hello everyone,

I am now done at the Score. I met with management this past Friday and since I wouldn't accept the deal they offered; they told me I wasn't allowed to be on the air anymore. I didn't get a chance to say goodbye so here goes...

I wanted to say my 16 1/2 years with the Score were awesome. When I was on the air, it was unreal. To be able to entertain, have fun, and sometimes get serious... well you never knew what would happen on a daily basis. I want to thank all the listeners and callers who not only laughed at me but with me. I heard from a lot of you over the years, and good or bad, I always welcomed your comments. To do radio in my hometown at such a great station was an honor. To all the people I used to work with and I work with now, I say thank you. To the advertisers on my show and on the station who were always with me thank you for being there. Without you, there is no station. The sales staff at the Score was always second to none; we made some bucks together. Thanks to you guys too.

You'll be hearing from us real soon. Keep your eyes and ears open and stay tuned.

On behalf of Be-Be, Lucky, myself, and everyone associated with us, thank you once again.

Mike North"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About damn time. I remember one time I tuned in and he was speculating about nuns doing stuff they shouldn't do with themselves (if you catch my drift). I was never a big fan of his, but after I heard that, I would turn off/switch stations if I heard him.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 04:14 PM)
About damn time. I remember one time I tuned in and he was speculating about nuns doing stuff they shouldn't do with themselves (if you catch my drift). I was never a big fan of his, but after I heard that, I would turn off/switch stations if I heard him.

LOL, are you serious? LMAO

I didn't appreciate the time he was talking about the whole Paciorek molestation thing, making fun of it, and basically saying that it was Tommy's fault. "How could you let a grown man do that to you" or something like that. That sickened me.

Great news.I remember in a past thread I talked about how I refused to believe this guy was raking in millions for the Score.Obviously he wasnt bringing the ratings or the ad money people thought.I wonder if B&B will move to mornings now,I cant see them giving one of the younger guys like Laurence Holmes,Goth,or Abattacolo a morning show slot.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 24, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)
Great news.I remember in a past thread I talked about how I refused to believe this guy was raking in millions for the Score.Obviously he wasnt bringing the ratings or the ad money people thought.I wonder if B&B will move to mornings now,I cant see them giving one of the younger guys like Laurence Holmes,Goth,or Abattacolo a morning show slot.

Basically, "his guys" got him a really sweat deal from the Score 5+ years ago. Back then, he was working afternoon drive and he was NO WHERE near worth $1.5 million a year. Afternoon drive guys at higher ranked station made less. So, to justify his salary to CBS execs, he was moved to mornings. Simple as that. I was the intern there when the rumors about him moving started to float. not only did he not want to move to mornings, he demanded $100,000 MORE a year to move.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I didn't hate him as much as a lot of people did. I did have to be in the right mood to listen to him. I liked him better in the afternoons. His 4 hour morning show was way too much and seemed when they moved him to mornings, he was out of his niche.

Say what you want about him, but he worked hard and built himself as a name and made a lot of money. All of us should be so lucky.

He was starting to make me use my XM more and more recently with his on air negotiations, but I'll miss him. At least theres still Murph (yeah I think he's good) and Boers/Bernstein.

Nowhere near as sad as 1000's decision to stop airing Rome, even if it was on a delay. That one still has me reeling, and since then I've mostly listened to the Score. MJH and The Show (cause it beats Scores evening programming unless it's Sox) are the only things I enjoy at WMVP anymore. Just wish there was some way to listen to both BB and MJH without having to switch between em cause MJH is great, but to me BB is greater.

sayeth Hatchetman:

"The mystery is what the new WSCR lineup will be. I don't think Mully and Hanley can do six hours every day...or can they? "

Maybe they move up and Murph gets more than 20 minutes to do a show?

Edited by ChiSox35