For Anyone Who Hates Spiders...

hogan873

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
the one coming out of the toilet looks fake for sure, but the last one is a trapdoor spider, that is for real

I guess I don't understand the physics of it. It looks like its entire body comes out, what's pulling him back underground?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
I guess I don't understand the physics of it. It looks like its entire body comes out, what's pulling him back underground?

It digs out a hole, and creates a trapdoor out of brush, dirt, twigs, and web. Then, it makes a very fine web around the trapdoor on the ground, so it can feel any bug walking next to the trapdoor, and sits in the hole waiting for something to walk by. As soon as something triggers the web it jumps out, grabs whatever is there, then pulls itself back in. You are looking at the video from the top down, not from the side, so it isnt doing anything gravity defying, just pulling itself down into the hole

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)
Also, someone should dig up the thread from on here a few years ago, with the article and photo of that giant garden spider in Australia eating a bird it caught in its web. In someone's back yard, on their laundry line post.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews...-on-camera.html