Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bye kids...
Soxtalk.com > Special Interest Forums > SLaM
Steff
I'm off to Detroit...

Hold down the fort, don't kill eachother, and I'll try to get Kenny all liquored up and get some info laugh.gif

And maybe.. if I'm real lucky.. I'll run into D12.
Tex
Say hello to the loveable losers . . .
southsider2k5
Stay safe! And bring us some wins for God's sake!!!!

BTW I hope traffic is better than MIL smile.gif
IlliniKrush
Bye Steff
Queen Prawn
Later Gator. Have a blast!
Xero
Laterzzzz
Tex
Don't forget to goto the currency exchange for Michigan money and do not drink the water. wink.gif
IlliniKrush
Don't burn the city down
Rowand44
Enjoy, and like 2k4 said, bring home some wins, PLEASE. pray.gif
mreye
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 30 2004, 11:00 AM)
And maybe.. if I'm real lucky.. I'll run into D12.

ohmy.gif laugh.gif
New Era on South Side
Stay Safe, Steff.

Enjoy your trip, and say hello to Comerica for us.

Tell the singing vendor to shut up.
dasox24
Have a safe trip, Steff! cheers.gif
Be Good
Good luck on meeting D12 Steff!!! laugh.gif
Chisoxfn
Have a blast Steff
BridgeportHeather
QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 30 2004, 11:20 AM)
Don't burn the city down

Doesn't that happen every Halloween? laugh.gif

Post your comments about your trip to the rat-hole when ya get back, kay!
Brian
While the cat's away, the mice will play...on the AOL board!!!
Steff
QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 30 2004, 02:31 PM)
While the cat's away, the mice will play...on the AOL board!!!

tongue.gif Sorry Brian... but I brought my laptop..

Not so bad here. The park is awesome. Traffic sucked, and we got here late. But other than that.. it's OK.

Had mass quantities of alcohol last night... as did everyone else. At one point we almost had a bus loaded ready to leave for the nearest bridge... Everyone is down. Especially Willie (and Aboz you'll be happy to hear he quit smoking laugh.gif ).

Spent a lot of the night talking with everyone. Jim and a few others talked Santana's ear off. He stayed with them till 2 in the morning. He's got some stories.. ph34r.gif Herm and a few other guys on the staff stayed, too. We all had a great time.

A lot of fans are here, which surprised me.

Kenny isn't here. No one is sure if he's coming.. and no one knew anything about what he's doing. But many agree that Sweeney should not be moved.

So, that's about it. Pretty quiet night.

No D12 sighting yet.. but the Hanson Brothers are in town.... unsure.gif
Goldmember
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 31 2004, 09:14 AM)

close enough... laugh.gif
New Era on South Side
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 31 2004, 09:14 AM)
tongue.gif Sorry Brian... but I brought my laptop..

Not so bad here. The park is awesome. Traffic sucked, and we got here late. But other than that.. it's OK.

Had mass quantities of alcohol last night... as did everyone else. At one point we almost had a bus loaded ready to leave for the nearest bridge... Everyone is down. Especially Willie (and Aboz you'll be happy to hear he quit smoking  laugh.gif ).

Spent a lot of the night talking with everyone. Jim and a few others talked Santana's ear off. He stayed with them till 2 in the morning. He's got some stories..  ph34r.gif Herm and a few other guys on the staff stayed, too. We all had a great time.

A lot of fans are here, which surprised me.

Kenny isn't here. No one is sure if he's coming.. and no one knew anything about what he's doing. But many agree that Sweeney should not be moved.

So, that's about it. Pretty quiet night.

Steff,

How did you hook up with a few of these people? Season ticket holder connections?

Boy, if only I could sit in their dugout for one inning, that'd be the day.
zach61
but the Hanson Brothers are in town

They got the foil on? We sure could have used them when the twinkies were in town. fight.gif Is Dave back with the Dead Things?
Steff
Bla... it's no fun when you lose. mecry.gif

Went back to the Ritz for a nitecap and figured everyone would be in a bad mood... but nope. Urbina came over with Ozzie and Freddy (and you guys would be sick to know how close we were to getting him in the spring :puke) and most of the guys came in for a drink. The surprise of the night was seeing Loiaza still here. Took some pictures, had him sign a ball (for when he wins that Cy Young.. ) and he talked with us for a good hour. Ozzies sons are awesome. They talked with us for a long time about how things are in the clubhouse, and possible moves the Sox might make in the near future. Surprisingly everyone was fine, talked positive, and are still confident they can pull this winning thing off. pray.gif

So it's back to the park today. The fans have been ok for the most part. A few jerks here and there but nothing major.

Hopefully we can pull this one out. ph34r.gif
DBAHO
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1 2004, 11:55 PM)
Bla... it's no fun when you lose.  mecry.gif

Went back to the Ritz for a nitecap and figured everyone would be in a bad mood... but nope. Urbina came over with Ozzie and Freddy (and you guys would be sick to know how close we were to getting him in the spring :puke) and most of the guys came in for a drink. The surprise of the night was seeing Loiaza still here. Took some pictures, had him sign a ball (for when he wins that Cy Young.. ) and he talked with us for a good hour. Ozzies sons are awesome. They talked with us for a long time about how things are in the clubhouse, and possible moves the Sox might make in the near future. Surprisingly everyone was fine, talked positive, and are still confident they can pull this winning thing off.  pray.gif

So it's back to the park today. The fans have been ok for the most part. A few jerks here and there but nothing major.

Hopefully we can pull this one out.  ph34r.gif

Sounds like you are having a nice trip there Steff. I almost got to go to Detroit this year, my Dad almost had a 3 month contract to do some I.T work in the Windy City or in Minny I think, would have loved to catch some baseball while I was over there. Hopefully we can pull out a victory for ya. smile.gif
bmags
i think that steff is distracting the team too much, she's kim basinger in the natural except she's doing it to the whole team. FOR SHAME!
Goldmember
QUOTE(bmags @ Aug 1 2004, 09:39 AM)
i think that steff is distracting the team too much, she's kim basinger in the natural except she's doing it to the whole team. FOR SHAME!

laugh.gif
HighHeat45
QUOTE(Beastly @ Jul 31 2004, 10:38 AM)
Steff,

How did you hook up with a few of these people? Season ticket holder connections?

Boy, if only I could sit in their dugout for one inning, that'd be the day.

Stay at their hotel and go to the bar, even if you cant go to the bar youll definitly see some of them around the hotel unless you just sit in your room the entire time.
southsider2k5
ph34r.gif Any truth to the rumors of a D12 sighting??
IlliniKrush
QUOTE(southsider2k4 @ Aug 1 2004, 12:40 PM)

Yeah, Steff did in fact see D12 today, she called me and told me at like 10am. She called it something like "poetic justice irony"
Steff
QUOTE(southsider2k4 @ Aug 1 2004, 12:40 PM)

rolleyeyes.gif

Nice guys. Our conversation isn't important... but it was very interesting. wink.gif
Steff
By the way.. here's a pic from my seat. That park is awesome... if you ever get a chance.. go.
DBAHO
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 2 2004, 09:52 PM)
By the way.. here's a pic from my seat. That park is awesome... if you ever get a chance.. go.

Looks like those are some great seats you had, beautiful stadium Comerica Park is too.
Steff
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 2 2004, 08:08 AM)
Looks like those are some great seats you had, beautiful stadium Comerica Park is too.

We were right behind the dugout Friday and Saturday, and right next to it yesterday. Lots of fun.

The stadium is top notch. The atmosphere is unreal. I can't understand why they are not full every night.
DBAHO
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 3 2004, 12:16 AM)
We were right behind the dugout Friday and Saturday, and right next to it yesterday. Lots of fun.

The stadium is top notch. The atmosphere is unreal. I can't understand why they are not full every night.

When the team has been as bad as they have in the past few years, no wonder nobody wanted to see them. They've been getting far better crowd numbers this season though.
Steff
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 2 2004, 08:18 AM)
When the team has been as bad as they have in the past few years, no wonder nobody wanted to see them. They've been getting far better crowd numbers this season though.

Yea.. I guess I never think about that since we just go regardless.

They have some good fans there. Kid Rock was there with his son Saturday, huge Detroit fan.. and of course D12 yesterday. They seemed pretty tight with White and Young as they were laughing it up with them before the game yesterday. They couldn't have had on any more Tiger's stuff either. laugh.gif Hats, jerseys.. it was funny.
southsider2k5
QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 2 2004, 08:18 AM)

And there is a big perception up there that their ownership (Ilitch) only cares about the Red Wings, and could care less about the Tigers.
RibbieRubarb
QUOTE(southsider2k4 @ Aug 2 2004, 08:27 AM)
And there is a big perception up there that their ownership (Ilitch) only cares about the Red Wings, and could care less about the Tigers.

Sound familiar... rolleyeyes.gif
Steff
QUOTE(southsider2k4 @ Aug 2 2004, 08:27 AM)

With the stadium, and all the family stuff that's there.. I find that very hard to believe. There is so much to do at that park.. there's a friggin merry-go-round and mini farris wheel for the kids! They open up 2 hours before the game to give plenty of time to see everything also. I just can't say enough nice things about it. I think it might have made my top 5 list...

I definitely can't wait for the games next year, and the AS Game.
kapkomet
I liked it from what I remember of it. All I remember is DAMN it was COOOOOLD when we went. That was just about the worst baseball game in terms of weather I have been at. The other one is when we went with a prof of ours at Comiskey on Easter sunday in 1994. Brrrrrrrrrr....
southsider2k5
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 2 2004, 09:55 AM)
With the stadium, and all the family stuff that's there.. I find that very hard to believe. There is so much to do at that park.. there's a friggin merry-go-round and mini farris wheel for the kids! They open up 2 hours before the game to give plenty of time to see everything also. I just can't say enough nice things about it. I think it might have made my top 5 list...

I definitely can't wait for the games next year, and the AS Game.

They don't care about the stadium. Just like here it is all about the product on the field. Ilitch has a fraction of the budget for the Tigers as he does for the Wings. The Wings are the Yankees of the NHL, the Tigers are just now finally starting to sign some players after years of bad teams.
Steff
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 2 2004, 09:57 AM)
I liked it from what I remember of it.  All I remember is DAMN it was COOOOOLD when we went.  That was just about the worst baseball game in terms of weather I have been at.  The other one is when we went with a prof of ours at Comiskey on Easter sunday in 1994.  Brrrrrrrrrr....

It was friggin hot there yesterday. And most of the park is exposed to sun during a day game. The Tiger's Den seating (behind the sections between the dugouts) is really the only constant shaded area.
Steff
QUOTE(southsider2k4 @ Aug 2 2004, 09:59 AM)
They don't care about the stadium.

Which I find so strange given it's appearance, the employees, the customer service, etc..

We met with a rep regarding season tickets and they were great to us. Even took us into the Admin offices.
southsider2k5
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 2 2004, 09:57 AM)
I liked it from what I remember of it.  All I remember is DAMN it was COOOOOLD when we went.  That was just about the worst baseball game in terms of weather I have been at.  The other one is when we went with a prof of ours at Comiskey on Easter sunday in 1994.  Brrrrrrrrrr....

Damn that game sucked. 40 degrees at gametime, probably 35 for most it. Then it misted and light rained the whole game. At least I punked the hotdog vendor ph34r.gif
Steff
QUOTE(bmags @ Aug 1 2004, 09:39 AM)

ROTFLMAO!!I totally missed this the first time. laugh.gif

And it's not me... I swear.. unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.