Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Soxtalk Poker Tournaments
Soxtalk.com > Special Interest Forums > SLaM
danman31
Brian posted about a poker website and I forgot of an idea I had a while ago that I never followed up on...a Soxtalk poker tournament(s). I suggest we play through pokerroom.com because there is no involved installation like party poker has and you can have custom rooms (unlike most other poker sites I have seen). I'm guessing we will have to have multiple tournaments because we have more than 10 people, but I can't see why we can't play multiple times just for fun anyway.

So far the following people are interested:
Brian
MinnesotaSoxFan
Bighurt52235 (who is a cocky bastard tongue.gif )
DBAHO
Rowand44
Soxnbearns01
Chisoxrd5
witesoxfan
Me
CWSGuy406
Chisoxfn
quapotaco
Spiff
Texsox
WHarris1
SAVVY18
whitesoxfan56789
MoreCowbell
chimpy2121
AssHatSoxFan
ihatethecubs
Heads22
FlaSoxxJim
hammerhead johnson
qwerty
SoxAce
kapkomet
chicago sports
Stocking
SuperSteve
CubsSuck1
Confederate 48
Mathew

Others have expressed interest in poker, but nothing official about Soxtalk tournaments. If you are interested please say so here. The game I assume most would want to play would be no limit texas hold em, but we can always switch it up if you wish. I'll come up with times after we get everyone that wants in, in. I have to say my internet hasn't been working much lately (damn comcast) so if you have any questions I may be a little slow in responding.
MinnesotaSoxFan
bringit.gif I am the Jesus of poker! And I can cut a tomato in half with a card too.
CWSGuy406
Count me in! headbang.gif
Chisoxfn
Hell Ya
guapotaco
I cant cut a tomato in half with a card... ill settle with just taking your chips biggrin.gif

Count me in
Spiff
ill play
DBAHO
Looks like we got a good turnout going at the moment. smile.gif
Tex
Depending on the time and day, deal me in biggrin.gif
WHarris1
I'm in.
SAVVY18
Sign me up...kinda depends on the time and day though.
HighHeat45
Ill do it, but im in KC Tuesday Wendsay and Thursday. If that messes anything up i dont have to be in it.
Wedge
I'm up for it, just let me know when and where. Leave PMs for the interested parties?
chimpy2121
I'm in.
AssHatSoxFan
im in but watch out for my 7-2 offsuit play
Brian
I hope you all don't take it too personally when I take your MONEY!!!!!
Oh wait, it's fake money. Darn.
ihatethecubs
headbang.gif ill play
Heads22
I'd like to but my upcoming schedule is kinda rocky...so I dunno.
FlaSoxxJim
The only thing I'll regret about an online game is that noone will be able to see and appreciate my TOTALLY b****IN' POKER SHIRT! It has been known to hypnotize and even blind people.

Deal me in when you get it together.
hammerhead johnson
I'm in headbang.gif
danman31
Ok I edited the list of people who are interested. Sign ups are still open. I'm thinking that I'll create a poll that has days and then we can narrow it down to times. We could have a few set times every week that people just go to the chat or send out PMs and gather people to play. I count 24 people interested so it sounds like we have a good crop to go from. Thoughts? Suggestions?
qwerty
QUOTE(MoreCowbell @ Aug 2 2004, 04:56 PM)
I'm up for it, just let me know when and where.  Leave PMs for the interested parties?

What he said.
SoxAce
Why not. smile.gif
kapkomet
Aw hell, I'm up for a good game of Bull s***, er I mean poker. Yell at me when y'all are ready.
bo_chi_sox
shuffle up and deal me in
Stocking
Im game bringit.gif
SuperSteve
I am in...what do I have to download?
danman31
QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Aug 2 2004, 05:35 PM)
I am in...what do I have to download?

I think we will do it at pokerroom.com because you can have custom tables and there is no download. You go there and it takes no time to do a download (or at least that's how I remember it).
CubsSuck1
I'll be in
Rowand44
You guys are so done. biggrin.gif
Confederate_48
If its poker room then im in. Whats going to happen though with people who will be starting with different amounts of money depending on who plays there already.
witesoxfan
I've played PokerRoom before.

BTW...I get the chick with really big boobs on my table! headbang.gif attentionwhore.gif
danman31
QUOTE(Confederate_48 @ Aug 2 2004, 08:51 PM)
If its poker room then im in. Whats going to happen though with people who will be starting with different amounts of money depending on who plays there already.

I've played with friends there before. You can come in with a certain amount.
Mathew
I think I expressed interest in a different thread.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.